Chit Chat

Anyone else nervous?

I have been planning for 1.5 years and now it is here. I am starting to get really nervous. I want it all to go super slowly so I can enjoy every moment but now that we are down to a week I feel like everything is moving so fast.

I wake up at 4AM remembering to order extra roses for my parents or hoping the peacock feathers come in on time. Anyone else getting close and feeling a little bit jittered?  I have been with ym FI for eight years and have pictured our wedding many times. Now it is here and I am so excited. But I am just going a little but stir crazy.
A wedding is a party, not a performance. If at the end of the day you are married to the one you love, then everything went perfectly.

Re: Anyone else nervous?

• Yeah maybe I just need to keep re-reading my signature quote
    A wedding is a party, not a performance. If at the end of the day you are married to the one you love, then everything went perfectly.
  • edited July 2012
    Ha! Yes, your signature quote is wise. Trust me, you (and your guests) won't notice if little things go wrong. The little things that were messy on my wedding day either went unnoticed or are now the things we laugh about. I think it's normal that the last week before your wedding makes you question your sanity. Hang in there.
  • I understand completely how you feel.  My wedding is in 6 days and it didn't really hit me unitl this week when we picked up the marriage license.  i am starting to get nervous, even though I am still excited about getting married and have no second thoughts on that. 
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • edited July 2012
    If soemthing does go wrong, you won't care and will probably laugh....like everyone wondering if I changed my mind.  We were married in a historic house and I was on the third floor with my MOH and dad.  DH's sister begged for a job and decided she'd call to let us know when everyone was seated in the courtyard and we were starting.  We were looking out the windows as we were going downstairs trying to figure out why we weren't getting the call because everyone was seated and DH and his best man were standing next to the Reverend.  Guess what SIL forgot to do.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Don't be nervous!  At my wedding, the little things that went wrong or didn't get done did not change the night for me.  When I look back on my wedding, those little details did not matter at all. 
  • It's normal to build it up over the years, especially after being together so long. But I promise, the day will be better and more memorable than you ever could have imained.... and that's the best part!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards