Christian Weddings

Crazy Love

No, not the song by Hawk Nelson (though it has been in my head all day, lol).  I'm reading the book by Francis Chan.  I bought it today at the mall and I'm reading through it.  I'm just in the beginning part of chapter 2 and it's already blowing my mind.  I especially like the videos he has you go online and watch.

I am bursting to get talking to others about this book!  Has anyone else on here read it?  Planning on reading it?  Currently reading it?
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: Crazy Love

• fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    It's next in the stack I'm trying to get through over break.  Need to finish Love & Respect, first!
  • edited December 2011
    I feel like I might finish Crazy Love tonight if I keep up this pace, lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• kelseydjameskelseydjames member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE that book. It's fabulous! I'm using it to lead my youth group now.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm gonna try to finish reading it really soon so I can give it to my FI so that he can read it before classes start back!  I really hope that he and I can both get something out of it.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    That is a great book. Really opens your mind to ideas! Made me take a look at myself in a lot of ways, spiritually. Enjoy! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Did anyone make any sort of major changes after reading this book?
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Tauner23Tauner23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I finished reading the book a couple months ago and can definitely say it's the best book I've ever read. Very convicting for sure! I've started listening to some of his sermons on Cornerstone's website and they are all pretty amazing as well. I've been doing a lot of praying about what God wants to do with my life. I went on a short term mission trip to Ethiopia this past September and that along with reading Crazy Love and a couple other books, my whole perspective on life has definitely changed. Even though I wouldn't be considered "wealthy" in American society I feel so wealthy and so blessed compared to the vast majority of the rest of the world and with that I feel such an obligation to do something or anything really to help in some way. I am looking into other mission trips in the future and praying about where God wants me to go and how He can use me. 

A couple other books you may enjoy are:

The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne (Chan mentions him in a later chapter in Crazy Love)

Starving Jesus by Craig Gross and J.R. Mahon

Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver

Enjoy the rest of Crazy Love! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm reading it now! I just went to the Passion conferences in Atlanta with my fiance, and Francis was one of the speakers. Really powerful and makes you really think deeply about a lot of issues. You can youtube some of his videos, and I would recommend checking out Louie Giglio while you're at it! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards