Michigan-Northern
Options

Dress shopping vent

Dress shopping is driving me crazy. First, there are no local shops. The two that are 45 minutes away carry very few plus size dresses. And on top of that, I want one with sleeves. I know all dresses can have sleeves added, but that's not what I want. I've found several online in a few designers "modest" collection. But no one within a 7 hour drive carries them. I've emailed shops all over the state and I get the same response. "We don't have those styles in stock, but we can order it. All dresses can have sleeves added or a bolero jacket." Apparently I need to move to Utah because there a multiple shops there that carry modest dresses. I'm getting rather annoyed. I just needed to vent a little about it. Hope everyone has a great day!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress shopping vent

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can understand... David's Bridal does have a huge selection of dresses for those of us gals who are fuller figured, but you're absolutely right, it's next to impossible to find larger sample sizes at bridal salons.  I purchased my dress thru Unique Bridal in Auburn and they did have a fair amount of dresses in sample sizes 16-18 which was awesome! 

I will say that finding bridesmaid sample sizes larger than a 10-12 has been a real treat... I have 5 gorgeous bridesmaids who are all fabulous women of different sizes and wanted to find a dress that would compliment all of them.  Alfred Angelo is the line to go with if you're in the boat I'm in... I found a beautiful dress that they are all going to rock in 5 months!

Good luck and thanks for your post... you're not alone!!!
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked with Bellisima Bridal Boutique in Albion?  As I recall when DD was shopping they had a selection of modest dresses and also carried a variety of sizes.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards