Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

My Wedding Recap

Hey Everyone! H and I were married January 21, 2012 and heres just some of the recap of my day.

First off H and I wanted nothing more than for it to snow on our day, checking the forcast everyday was enough to drive someone crazy!! well what do you know....The only day it has snowed here all winter happened to be January 21st!  Seeing snow when I woke up was a great start to the day!  Snow also didnt hold anyone back from the ceremony and reception, we had one no show at the reception and it was a co worker of H whom had a family emergency.

The ceremony went perfectly except for the fact I almost tripped on my dress walking up the steps! Luckily I brushed it off and made it up the rest of the stairs holding onto H for dear life!  Hey, at least its something to giggle about!

The reception to my knowledge had no problems involved.  I did tell my mom and my wedding party that if anything goes wrong that I wouldnt notice...dont tell me, just let it go and i would do the same for them..I wouldnt go running to them, because by that point its really not that important and not worth the time stressing over it. I didnt want to spend any of my time worrying, I only had 5 hours to enjoy my reception and the company of everyone there.

H and I did go around to the tables at the reception ( we did not do a receiving line at the church) and if you werent at your table as we came around during the meal, we did not come looking for you.  The process of going to table to table can take long enough and you only have so much time to enjoy yourself.

We had a photo booth and a candy bar at the reception as favors and everyone loved it.  This was so much better than sitting there making 175 favors that people will either forget to take home with them or not use. The photo booth was an absolute hit, people were in and out of there every single minute of the night.  We got a copy of all the pictures on a disk at the end of the night! hilarious! If anyone is in a debate about a photobooth, I recommend it 100%!!

The DJ we had was extremely upbeat and kept the dance floor going until the last minute of the reception.  People usually dance regardless, but a DJ who has so much energy will keep the energy of your reception going!!

I can honestly say that there is not one single thing I wish I would have had or done differently.  The day was perfect to H and I and thats all that mattered...I can say my BIGGEST piece of advice is please take that time to have a moment with your new husband and take a look around at everything going on...take a moment to be together and take everything in.  That night goes by just way to fast and you can get lost in the events of everything. This day is about the two of you and it is so important to just stop and share with each other just a few special minutes.

Good Luck to all the brides to be, your day will be absolutely beautiful!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket

Re: My Wedding Recap

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards