Connecticut
Options

Hi everyone!

My name is Whitney - I'm new to the knot boards. I got engaged on Feb. 11th, 2011 to my wonderful fiance Rich. We have been together for a little over 3 years. I'm 25 years old and work as a special education teacher. Rich is a land surveyor who works at his family's business. I'm from New Fairfield, CT and teach in Stamford and Rich lives and works in Mamaroneck, NY.

We booked our wedding venue this past weekend. We are getting married on August 4, 2012 at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. I have looked at it for sbout a year now and it was the only venue I went to see - we booked it that day! I am so excited!

So far my tentative colors are navy blue, apple green and white. I want to do navy blue dresses, white and green hydrangeas and apple green accents. I am kind of OCD and really really need to see the big picture - I am so afraid that all of my details will not fall together nicely. We are going to have either 4-5 groomsmen and 4-5 bridesmaids.

I am working on my wedding website so hopefully I will have that to share soon!

Any input anyone has is greatly appreciated - I am starting to look at photographers, viedeographers and DJs. If any other THe Barns at Wesleyan brides have any advice or suggestions I would love that!!!

Thanks!

Re: Hi everyone!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and Welcome!

Any details on the proposal you'd like to share?! I love romatic stories!
  • Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and Welcome!

I'm a 2012 bride as well, and my fiance's name is also Rich!  I love your color scheme- such great colors for August! And I think all brides worry about the details coming together, but I think you start to feel a little better the further along you get in the planning process.

As for photographer, videographer, and DJ... We're using King Vincent Storm (West Haven) for photography and video, and our DJ is from Powerstation Events (Cheshire) if you want to look into them.

Good luck with planning! I'm sure you'll find this board as helpful as I have.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    estegemanestegeman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congratulations and welcome!!

Photobucket
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! LOVE those colors especially the apple green! :0)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!! Welcome to the board!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    CTbride79CTbride79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!  I used to live down the street from The Barns and it's so pretty! 

Highly recommend our DJ, Peter from After Hours DJ Entertainment.  Also our photographer, Christy Murray, and Beauty Entourage for hair and make-up. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

My proposal story isn't that romantic - I kind of knew it would be that weekend, but was expecting it Sunday. We were watching TV Friday night when he asked me how I wanted him to propose - I laughed it off and told him to stop. He then said would you like me to get down on one knee? Lets practice. Then I started to get nervous and really laugh because he was acting so bizarre. He said Alright enough practicing, lets do it for real and pulled the ring out.

I think he was super nervous! It was cute though, and afterwards he had our families and friends waiting for us at a local bar that his best friend works out so it was nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! Highly recommend Music in Motion for DJ. www.musicinmotiondjent.com/index.htm
  • Options
    TBee99TBee99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I like your colors a ton! I almost did apple green for my summer wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JodiArielJodiAriel member
    edited December 2011
    Love the colors... I sometimes wish I chosen apple green instead of clover!  Vendor wise, I  LOVE LOVE LOVE Val McCormick!!!! Not only is her work awesome but she is pretty awesome herself!! She has been super helpful in helping me with all kinds of little details.  Makeup/Hair: Naomi's Salon in West Hartford, I am going for my hair trial this weekend and I will post pictures then.

HTH!!
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • Options
    Melissa603Melissa603 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Navy, Silver and Apple Green! We are June 22, 2012!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! The Barns are beautiful and very New England. Your colors sound perfect. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome, Whitney!  Congratulations and your proposal story is adorable!  The fact that your FI had people gathered to celebrate is so cute! 

My wedding is this summer in MIddletown.  I guess the useful advice I have is that the Inn at Middletown does book up for weddings, so contact them early for your guests' accomodation needs.  I am working with local cake, floral & hair/makeup vendors as well, but have yet to decide on any of those yet! 

Good luck with your planning and try not to stress too much over all the style details.  Something tells me you are the type of person that will pull it all together flawlessly : ) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again everyone I really appreciate your input!

JulieG- Thanks for the tip at the Inn at Middletown. We went there on Saturday and I got the woman's card so I'll have to start making some phone calls!
  • Options
    ktanddevangktanddevang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!!! Welcome to the board! I would say my advice is to enjoy yourself and I highly recommend RAW photography...I just had my engagement shoot with them last week and they are AMAZING. LOVE THEM!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats an welcome!  You'll find great ideas/advice here!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats & Welcome Whitney!! This is a great board and hopefully you will get some great info from the girls!!

I also had a long engagement, and even though at times it can seem so far away--it creeps up before you know it!! So try to get as much done as you can. I also feel like I need to see the big picture and wonder how it is all going to come together--I do not think we are alone on this one!

I LOVE our photographer/videographer, as well as our DJ!!

www.kingvincentstorm.com

http://www.jimmydee.com/

GL & Happy Planning!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome.. You will love the girls on this board.. everyone here is so nice and helpful!!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards