Wedding Party

2 little guys...

FI has an awesome nephew that we both adore and I'm a nanny for a little boy that I absolutely love. The nephew is already the ring bearer and I had the other one's sister has my 2nd flower girl (to control the wild first flower girl I have) but I really want to include the little guy I'm a nanny for in the wedding. He actually asked me this morning what HIS role was in the wedding since his sister is a flower girl.

Their mom said I don't need to include him because he needs to learn that everything his sister does he can't do too - but honestly I love him just as much as her and I really want him included as well.

I had a thought of having him say a short prayer before the wedding, but he's 5 and I'm worried he'll freeze up (he prays constantly - out loud, so I wasn't worried about him not knowing what to do). I also saw a picture here on TK where a little boy held a sign that said "Here comes the Bride" but that seemed sorta cheesy. I'm not interested in a bell ringer - and I'd sorta prefer to not have him be a ring bearer.

Any other gig for a little guy that you can think of?

Re: 2 little guys...

• Go for it.  You love two little men in your life, include both of them.  Really, when you're 5 and you actually think to ask, then thats precious.  AWWWWWW.  OK, that's the mom in me coming out.
  • I'm not sure why you're resistant to a second RB.  In almost all cases, the RB doesn't carry the real rings anyway-those are safely in the hands of the MOH/BM.  The RBs just carry "symbolic" fake rings.  Let the little fellow be a second RB.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Go for a 2nd ring bearer.  They don't carry the real rings anyway.
  • Agree with pp.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards