Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Florida honeymoon ideas

My FI suggested going to Miami for our honeymoon. Idc as long as there is a nice hotel and a clean beach involved lol. Any suggestions on where to look? Are there any nearby cities we can stay so that we're not surrounded by people all the time but can drive to Miami. He wants to be able to drive to the southern most point of the US lol
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florida honeymoon ideas

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Actually the southernmost point of the U.S.is  in Hawaii, but for FL suggestions, you could probably go to Key West as well to get out of Miami. I know this isn't super close to Miami, but we have also really enjoyed visiting Clearwater Beach (Gulf side) and H said that Marco Island is wonderful (about 45 min. drive from Ft. Myers).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    If you go close to Miami and enjoy baseball, you should check out the Marlins new ballpark. We went to a game on our HM and it was great! That's all I have to say about that. I don't know much else. We stayed in Orlando and went to Disney for most of ours.
  • Options
    We went to West Palm Beach area last October for a wedding and stayed Wed-Mon.  It was gorgeous and definitely a relaxing spot!
    http://justcallmehaha.blogspot.com/2011/10/mini-vacay-florida.html
  • Options
    Miami is okay. I was born there and spent 15 years there. But I find only a small area to be that way. The rest is kind of a dump. Also, WAYYY over priced. I think the west coast or the keys are much better. For west coast - Naples, Marco Island. Keys - Islamorada, Tavernier or Key West (the best!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My H and I went to Key West and Miami for our HM.  We flew into Miami, rented a car and made the three hour (it took us longer because we stopped to eat and take pictures by the water) drive to Key West.  We then turned in our rental car because we knew we would walk everywhere (or rent a moped) in Key West.  We stayed in Key West for 6 nights and then picked up a rental car and drove back to Miami and stayed there for 2 nights then flew home.

When I look back on it I wish we had just stayed in Key West for another night because Miami was a bit blah for us.  We enjoyed the laid back, island vibe you get from Key West and not the crazy club/party atmosphere of Miami.

And like PP said, Miami is way overpriced.

• Options
    If you're looking for a laid back atmosphere, Miami is not it. I live in Naples (just 2 hours west of Miami) and it's a nice laid back city (compared to Miami) with very clean beaches. Marco Island is also nice, about 20 min from here. Key West is about 5 hours away though. Anything along the west coast might be your best bet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards