South Asian Weddings

Monday- Plans for the week

While juggling med school and wedding planning, I was able to put a deposit for our venue in SoCal. :) The good thing is, we have 90 days to decide whether or not we still want the venue w/o them having to keep our deposit if we didn't want to stick with them.. 

As for this week, we're going to start going into planning mode and talk about budgets. (fuuuunnn =/ )
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Monday- Plans for the week

• edited December 2011
    Nice! I am assuming that the deposit was for the place you linked to in the other post? I think that's a great venue for a wedding - it'll be gorgeous!  Congrats!

I have no idea what I have planned for the week. I think I have a chiropractor's appointment on Wendesday. I think this weekend we will visit with my MIL. Other than that, I should probably start to study for a professional certification I want to get. But I've been out of grad school for 5+ years now and have no desire to study. Boo.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_monday-plans-week-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:9295e390-8ee3-46b9-bcb7-e0376091632fPost:b677dc2e-5f7c-4b72-b091-0ef427b6ad67">Re: Monday- Plans for the week</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nice! <strong>I am assuming that the deposit was for the place you linked to in the other post?</strong> I think that's a great venue for a wedding - it'll be gorgeous!  Congrats! I have no idea what I have planned for the week. I think I have a chiropractor's appointment on Wendesday. I think this weekend we will visit with my MIL. <strong>Other than that, I should probably start to study for a professional certification I want to get. But I've been out of grad school for 5+ years now and have no desire to study. Boo.</strong>
    Posted by raangoli[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes! It's for the Terranea Resort. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Haha, definitely join me in the "study club"!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I need to find cardstock so I can start DIYing menus.  Also on a lingerie hunt.

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on booking your venue, that's a huge check!  This week, I will be continue to look for my reception lengha and bridesmaid sarees, and I also need to figure out what kind of floral/decor I want for the florist proposals.  Need to book a florist asap!
  • edited December 2011
    My plans are to find a cat rescue who will take the little stray kitten I found wandering my front yard yesterday evening:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2399766517645.136291.1355492337&l=dc43ccf922&type=1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Steph - that is awesome!!!  It is soooooo beautiful!!  Enjoy the planning!

I'm running around like a crazy lady this week!  The wedding is 10 days away and I head to my parents (2.5 hours away) on Sun, so trying to get tons of last-minute stuff done!  It is also the last week with my in-laws because they'll come down to my parents just a few days before the wedding, so we're trying to get the rest of the stuff they want to do all done!  All fun, busy stuff!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Tiny Stray Cat found a home with an acquaintance of mine who will keep me updated as to the impending birth of the kittens. (Funny thing happens when people find out you've been adopted by a pregnant cat; they want kittens!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards