California-Northern

DJ recommendations - SF area

We are getting married in Livermore, CA, outside San Francisco. I am looking for an DJ under $1000.  I live in TX, so I can't meet with any of my vendors before booking, so I am relying heavily on everyone else's experience.  Thanks!

Re: DJ recommendations - SF area

• edited December 2011

Hi fellow Livermore bride!!  There are 2 main DJ companies in Livermore.  Amos Productions and Fantasty Sounds.  Both have great reputations.  My impression is that Amos highly encourages the use of their videographers and lighting staff if using their DJ.  I did not want either of those and therefore went with Fantasy Sounds (who did my sister's wedding 5 years ago).  We went out and met a few of the DJs one evening and they all seemed nice.  Our DJ will be Nicholas, just because we liked his vibe.  We did not want crazy club dance party and disco ball, he just gave us confidence that he would read the crowd and play a good mix of music.  Also, is not afraid to get on the mic and play MC without stealing the show.  We booked for 5 hours for $1,100 I believe.  Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any other questions as I have lived in the area my whole life and am getting married in September so am way farther through the planning process than you.  Congrats on the engagement and enjoy the process.

September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! We will check them out...and if you are offering :), are you getting your hair and makeup done? That is one thing that I am worried about booking from so far away!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting my hair done at Roman Holiday in downtown Pleasanton. (next town over from Livermore).  About a 20-30 minute drive from most of the Livermore wedding spots.  It is a very small hubby and wife salon and probably pricey.  (honestly I do not know how much it costs, but I trust this lady and am in-between stylists myself so going with her).  Gary Patrick in downtown Pleasanton is a reputable salon so probably the place I would recommend.  You could also check Yelp.  I would probably recommend Pleasanton over Livermore for those things.  Livermore can get a little cowboy ish (unless that you are looking for that).  Sorry no idea for makeup, I am having my sister do mine.  For nails I would highly recommend Bollinger Nail Salon in downtown Pleasanton.  Nice pampering experience and very clean.  Am here anytime to help with anything.  Feel free to email me with any questions.  heather@thejudkins.net
    September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards