Attire & Accessories Forum

Coordinating wedding party colors!!! HELP!!!

I have decided on a stormy grey color for my bridesmaids dresses but have no idea what color would compliment this shade for the groom and groomsmen. I have provided the exact pic of the bridesmaid dresses. We are having a Summer evening wedding in July, overlooking green valleys with a backdrop of the Pacific Ocean. The groomsmen will most likely be wearing nice slacks with a vest and a white long sleeved button down shirt. I think that too much grey will look gloomy and I don't really want the guys to wear black. Any advice is appreciated and any pictures would really help! (I need visuals to get my imagination kicking!) Thanks!!!

Re: Coordinating wedding party colors!!! HELP!!!

• jlm9113jlm9113 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2012
    Maybe a really deep, rich purple?  Actually, I think any jewel tone with compliment it:D  But the purple was the first to come to mind.

ETA: I also went to Lowes/Home Depot and got a bunch of those paint cards to match colors together.  It might be a good way to put the stormy gray up to a variety of colors to see which you like best:D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • medium/light gray pants & vest to be match BM but not be too much dark gray & a nice yellow tie. Not neon yellow or pastel yelllow, but a nice bold yellow would look great with the gray especially with it being a summer wedding.
  • I have a similar gray in my colours. I'm using navy as a compliment with some pink and yellow to liven it up a bit. I used paint cards from Wal-Mart to decide on my colours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards