Ohio-Cleveland

Mother of the Bride dress

So - my wonderful mother and I have started her search to find the perfect dress.  We've been to Catans, Demitrios, and a couple other bridal shops in the area.  She wants something knee length.  Everything we see looks like BM dresses - chiffon, flowly, plain.  Which is alright for the girls, but my mom wants to dazzzle!  Where should we look and where did you find your MOB dress?  Thoughts please :)

Thanks girls!

Re: Mother of the Bride dress

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom found her dress at Kaufmann's, which is now Macy's. Has your mom looked at any of the regular dept. stores? Nordstrom, JC Penney, Sears, Dillards, Macy's... any of them are worth checking. Burlington Coat Factory also may have something. Think outside the 'bridal box'. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure what you mean by dazzle, but I attended a bridal show that featured eye catching MOB dresses. It was called Peneventures. Not my mom's taste, but might be what you are going for.
    -This is not legal advice- Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPiclarger_image
  • edited December 2011
    I would check out department stores. Nordstrom and Macy's has some nice ones! my mom got hers from Macy's!
    Siggy Challenge~Fur Baby~September 2012 Board imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JenLeeSJenLeeS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom hasn't taken the plunge yet since our wedding isn't until August, but she has found some nice options at Dillard's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lpereksta08lpereksta08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ya I second peneventures, they had some gorgeous stuff at the bridal shows, thats were Im pointing my mom, I think they specialize in just MOTB and MOTG dresses
  • kmiekmie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Saw an ad on The Knot for the Gowns 4 Hope event....have you seen it?  Anyways, sounds really cool....getting wedding dresses/gowns, MOB, bridesmaids, flower girl...from shops all over for a 1 day event on March 20.  website is www.gowns4hope.com and portion of ticket sales goes to a non-profit.  Cool, huh?  Haven't found my dress yet...defintely going to check this event out...sounds fun too and prizes!  Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards