New York-Hudson Valley
Options

New Years Eve Wedding at Glen Island Harbour Club....

Hi! I just booked my wedding for next New years eve at Glen Island and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them and could offer any suggestions, comments or advice. OR if anyone has any tips or ideas for NYE weddings it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New Years Eve Wedding at Glen Island Harbour Club....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  You won't be disappointed.

I had a Sunday afternoon wedding there a few weeks ago and all our guests raved about the view, the food and the service especially the maître d’, bridal attendant and wait staff. 

They are very on top of things.  The only complaint I had was that some of the last minute changes I asked for were not done as the walk-through was with an assistant and not the sales manager as he was not available.  They went with the sales manager's notes for the day; not terrible in the grand scheme of things, but if had known, I would have called the sales manager to confirm.  

HTH, good luck!
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We attended a wedding there last summer and loved it, it's a gorgeous venue.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a beautiful venue and the food is excellent...great cocktail hour,etc.

However, some heads up about some things....we went to a wedding there a few weeks ago and the room was FREEZING...we were actually going outside to get warm!  We did mention this to our server who seemed like he might have been 16 years old and he pretty much told us he didn't know what to do...?

We were not the only table who was freezing....so this is just something you might want to have in mind being that yours will be in the middle of winter!

But a new year's eve wedding...how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!  Congrats
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    New Years Eve weddings are awesome!

Congrats!

But please - no Christmas / Winter music!

Celebration from 1981 by Kool and the Gang totally appropriate!

Winter Wonderland by the Eurythmics from 1987 not so much.

Other than that - sounds great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually getting married there THIS NYE! I promise to post my experience (which has been great so far) but it's funny that someone mentioned the room temperature because a friend of mine went to a wedding at GI last December and warned me of the same problem! I will be sure to address this with Rodney my banquet manager.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards