New York-Western
Options

Pearl Street Brides- logistics question

I know there are a lot of brides on here who had their receptions at Pearl Street or will be having it there, so I'm hoping some of you can help me out with this. :)

Our wedding is next July, and we're having the reception at the Pearl at Lafayette. (For those of you who don't know, the Lafayette Hotel in downtown Buffalo is being totally renovated and turned into a banquet facility, a boutique hotel, apartments, and retail space.)  We were super disappointed that Pearl Street was already totally booked for Saturdays next summer by the time we got engaged and started looking, but then we were thrilled to get the chance to still work with Pearl Street but at this different, brand-new venue.  (Now obviously we're keeping our fingers crossed that all the renovations go on schedule and we're not left with an unfinished reception space--yikes!) 

Anyway, here's my question, and it may be a stupid one, but for those of you that have worked with Pearl Street, who does the room set-up and take down?  I know that everyone says Natalie is super awesome to work with, and so far my experience has been great with her. I'm just wondering though in terms of set-up, will I need to ask friends/family to go to the space to set up the favors, guest-book, centerpieces, etc?  At the end of the night, do we need people to stay and clean up? I'm just very confused about who is responsible for what.

Also, have any of you worked with Natalie to use the centerpieces that Pearl Street has available?  How early did you do that?  And were linens available too, or did you rent them through someone else? 

Sorry for the million questions.  :)  Thanks in advance for any info everyone!

Alison

Re: Pearl Street Brides- logistics question

• Options
    AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exciting! I can't wait to see how they do with The Lafayette. I'm sure it will be fantastic!

I just had my wedding at PS a few weeks ago. You will drop off all of your stuff (guestbook, place cards, decorations etc.) a few days before the wedding. They set it all up. At the end of the night they helped round up all the stuff and had it ready to load up and take home.

We used their linens. They had white or ivory table cloths & quite a few cloth napkins to chose from. We rented chair covers but the co we rented those from set those up & picked them up after.

We also used their centerpieces. Lots to choose from! I made an appt with Natalie in June or July (I think) to set those up.

Good luck with your planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How exciting that you are having your wedding there!! My FI & I have gone on two tours at the Lafayette hotel and are planning to put the deposit down this week most likely.  It has always been between that and Pearl Street and it has been very hard to make a decision but I really think the Pearl at Lafayette will be fabulous!

Sorry just excited to find another Pearl at Lafayette bride!!  Any more out there?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would just be nervous for the logistics on the Lafayette side... Pearl is great but the owner of Lafayette is a real jerk!  Read some about him in the Buffalo News!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

rkm--it is fun to hear that someone else on here is thinking about the Pearl.  Did you end up booking there or are you still deciding?  I am definitely nervous about things being done since they're not booking anything until the beginning of July, and our wedding will be at the end of July--not a lot of lead time for them to get ready and make sure any kinks are worked out!  But we're just having faith that it will go smoothly and be ready to roll when it's supposed to be.  For the price and the space, it's a really great deal, and I'm excited to have the reception at a place where where none of our guests will have been before. 

You'll have to let me know what you decide! :) 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We still haven't decided yet but are planning to decide within the very near future since at this point it is just between those two venues.  We also really like the idea that none of our guests will have been there before, so we are definitely leaning towards the pearl.  I agree the pricing is really a great deal you get ALOT for your money there and I am sure it will be really nice and unique once it is complete.  I will keep you updated and let you know when we finally do decide!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    natalie (or her staff) do it all - and i don't think the owner of lafayette would change that...

we used black tablecloths too - so that's an option.  natalie tried to talk me out of it, but i am SOOOO glad i went with them...i think it made the room look great :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to let you know we finally made a decision and booked the Pearl at Lafayette today! So excited I can't wait to see how it comes together but I am confident it is going to be amazing! Are you having yours in the room with the outdoor garden area or the one with the glass walls in the middle area?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I booked The Hotel Lafayette for our August 2012 wedding as well.  I know it is a little nerve-wracking to think that maybe the hotel will not be done, but I also have faith in Natalie and the Pearl st. crew.  They seem to have their stuff together. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards