New York-Upstate

Timeless Updo/Lipstick n' Lashes/ Make Me Fabulous

Ok, so I'm 5 months out.  All of my vendors are booked but I need someone to do my hair.  I'm the girl who goes to supercuts every 6 weeks to get my ends trimmed and that's about it, no I have no stylist.  However I'm super picky about other people 'beautifying' me haha.  Who did you use?  Were they good?  Did you think their prices were reasonable?

Need help ladies I'm lost on this one!!

Thanks!

Re: Timeless Updo/Lipstick n' Lashes/ Make Me Fabulous

• Ja19m81ieJa19m81ie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Timeless Updo's is really good. I highly recommend Jenn and Kristen. They did my sisters wedding last year and a few other weddings that I have been too. I have them booked to do my wedding next year. They will go where ever you and your bridemaids are getting ready the day of your wedding. I have their information if you would like it?!?! They are also on Facebook and they also have a site, of all the different style weddings they have done.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!
  • splint00splint00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually having my hair and make up trial this weekend at Make Me Fabulous. On the wedding day they will travel to wherever you are which I love. They are able to do the hair and make up for about 10 of us on the big day. The prices are on their website but it's not bad at all, especially for them coming to you (you just pay a little more). I think it's around $100 or $75 or even less for each, super inexpensive, especially for it being bridal. The bridal party is even cheaper. Have heard great things about them, they are based in Ballston Spa and are traveling to downtown Albany to meet us at the hotel for the wedding day. Good luck!
  • tambam1782tambam1782 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    splint00....I would love to hear how your trial makeup and hair goes with make me fabulous:)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Lipstick n' Lashes after seeing what they did at my best friend's wedding a few weeks ago.  They were fantastic, worked efficiently, and were priced well.  For hair it's 65 for the bride, 55 for bridesmaids, and for makeup it's the same.  Trials cost a little as well.  Crystal did our hair and Joanna did makeup.  They were seriously, seriously fabulous.  Everyone looked fantastic.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_timeless-updolipstick-n-lashes-fabulous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:124Discussion:73f05623-5637-437b-9803-0e7373165d88Post:08cb45e5-378a-49d4-92ca-9abc2239f4be">Re: Timeless Updo/Lipstick n' Lashes/ Make Me Fabulous</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using Lipstick n' Lashes after seeing what they did at my best friend's wedding a few weeks ago.  They were fantastic, worked efficiently, and were priced well.  For hair it's 65 for the bride, 55 for bridesmaids, and for makeup it's the same.  Trials cost a little as well.  Crystal did our hair and Joanna did makeup.  They were seriously, seriously fabulous.  Everyone looked fantastic.
    Posted by ktj459[/QUOTE]

Good to know.  I'm having my trial done with them soon.  Almost forgot to book someone which would have been a nightmare since I can't do makeup to save my life.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• vtarobinsovtarobinso member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked Joanna for my whole bridal parties makeup. I've heard she's great and I really wanted someone to come to our hotel in Lake Placid. I had already booke Kristen from Timeless updos for my hair otherwise I would have just used Joanna. Luckily they work at the same salon during the week so it will be easy to meet with them both.
  • splint00splint00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tambam-Hair and Make-up trial at Make Me Fabulous went really well. Susan did my make-up and did a wonderful job, very professional. Alayne did my hair and she just knew what to do with it to make it work, even though I was very indecisive at first. The reception when you walk in there is very warm and friendly. I think it's a good decision and can't wait for them to come to the Bed and Breakfast while we're all getting ready for the wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards