January 2013 Weddings
Options

Getting the wedding I want.... on a budget

I'm new here so let's see how this goes.
I'm getting married January 15, the day after my birthday and the day before his. This time around (I was married before and so was he) we are getting the wedding we want. On a budget of $1000. My dress and cake are being made by friends, my dad is going to be the photographer (he's really good and he said he wanted to), and my sister is designing and making the invites (she's an artist by trade. Anyone interested in her work, feel free to ask me). Any other ideas on how to keep the cost down?

Re: Getting the wedding I want.... on a budget

• Options
    We all have lots of ideasand you might post on the budget wedding board if you haven't already. I'm in the same boat: 2nd marriage for both of us, and we both have grown kids. We've set 1000 budget. We're having only family and close friends, and no attendants. We're having a 2pm wedding and a dessert reception, with the desserts made by family and friends. We aren't serving liquor. No favors. No limo. Minimal flowers and my sister is doing them she's awesome with flowers, but lots of candles. A family member is a professional photographer, but we're not taking a huge amount of pictures. A friend who is great with decorating is doing the centerpieces Pretty much I'm doing a bit of borrowing or making do with items I already have. For the most part I'm not buying anything that can't be reused in some way after the wedding except for candles, tableware, etc.. We talked to people and asked for advice for venues and found a beautiful but little known gem in our community for 100. Putting together a beautiful wedding on a serious budget is a challenge I'm enjoying! Can't wait for New Years Day! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards