Flowers

In Search of Orange Blossoms

HELP!  I really love the tradition behind the orange blossom in a bridal bouquet, but I can't seem to find them anywhere (using Google searches.)

Has anyone used this flower, and where did you find it?

Re: In Search of Orange Blossoms

• unless you have an orange tree in your back yard your chances of finding orange blossoms are slim to none. It just isn't available on the commercial market
  • In Response to Re: In Search of Orange Blossoms:
    unless you have an orange tree in your back yard your chances of finding orange blossoms are slim to none. It just isn't available on the commercial market
    Posted by flower_diva
    I was afraid of that :(  I might have to go with my back up of stephanotis; those seem to be readily available.
  • I don't think they're going to be easy to find. I'm by no means an absolute expert, but I do know growing up in Phoenix where there were plenty of orange trees around they only bloomed once a year and only lasted a few weeks, which were always my few favorite weeks of the year because the whole city smelled amazing :)

I would imagine the fact that they only bloom for a short while would make them very unseasonable and hard to find, unless of course you could pick them yourself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maybe you should try making some out of paper or crepe paper? If you have time to invest and take your time making them I wouldn't think they would look tacky?? just a thought ;)

Anna Fearer
    More Paper Than Shoes
    http://www.annafearer.blogspot.com
  • You can always just insert a silk flower into a fresh bouquet.  Silk flowers come in so many different colors and variety of flowers and you really can't tell the difference.  Professionals do it for their photos all the time I hear.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards