Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

11-12-11 Wedding Reviews Part 1!!! Long!

Okay I am back from Vegas and I wanted to pay it forward with wedding reviews! Our wedding day had it's hiccups, but it was beautiful and perfect in my mind!!!

The Chapel at Mandalay Bay- (A-)
The chapel is absolutely gorgeous and Reverend Rudy was AMAZING!!!! Our servicing coordinator was so sweet and rounded everybody up and got them down the aisle. Their was an issue with my cd and she was able to hand us a new CD-R so my brother could reburn it right before the wedding. The only reason I gave them an A- is because the window drapings were supposed to be open and were the whole reason we booked that chapel (the beautiful view) and they did not do that. My mom is still upset by this, but I am so pleased with the ceremony I didn't care.

Cashman Photo- (C)
This is a generous grade. The photos were by no means excellent or spectacular. It was easy to cut down the prints down to 25. The sales lady was pushy and rude. The special effects they did on the sales photos were horrible and they cut people out of some of the photos they put together in a book for the sales appointment. We shelled out $50 extra for a few extra prints, but all in all I was not impressed. 

Cashman Video- (A+++++)
I love my ceremony video. I have watched 10x already. It is beautiful and I cry every time I watch it.

Bell Trans (F)
This was the biggest nightmare. The drivers were rude, yelled at my guests, and drove horribly. Our driver ran two red lights. The driver who took our guests, took the strip instead of back streets and then proceeded to yell at our guests about how they were going to have to pay late charges. They were horrible! They dropped off at the wrong entrance of Caesar's Palace. They also weren't at the correct pick up to bring our guests back after the reception and most guests took cabs.

Francesca Lombardo (B)-
Francesca was very sweet and did a wonderful job with my makeup. My hair did not make it through the night. She was very sweet to work with one of my bridesmaids on a lower price, because she wasn't going to be able to afford for her hair getting done. (She is a single mom and unsure of what to do with her hair and wanted the service). My cousin paid her $40 to cover her tatoo on her chest and you could still see the tatoo. So there were good things and there were bad. I wished my hair had stayed (I had it down and curled and it lasted half the night).

Mike L. Photography (pending pictures)

Mandalay Bay Hotel- (B)
The hubs and I had a spa suite, which was goregous and a gorgeous view. My parents were upgraded to 1500x2 from a sky view suite and again the room was awesome and had a beautiful view. My only reasons for dropping their scores were some of the front desk people were rather rude and it took them 5 days to return the incidental overcharge to our credit card and my parent's credit card and required a few phone calls to get straightened out.

Re: 11-12-11 Wedding Reviews Part 1!!! Long!

• Options
    starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews...sounds like you had a blast!  Which spa suite did you have...did it come with the wedding packagte or did you get it separately?  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the 600ss. It wasn't part of our package, but we booked it through the wedding chapel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations Mrs! Great reviews, thank you! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Thanks for the reviews. I'm using the Bay as well.
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • Options
    dwhittmandwhittman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Francesca and my hair lasted perfectly until the wee hours of the next morning! ;-). Sorry to hear you didn't have the best turnout. I had great "fortune" to have Cashman take my ceremony pics through Planet Hollywood. The sales woman was terrible and pushy. I laughed at how they came down in price on everything as the time went by. I'm glad I hired Deacon Tyler for my photo tour. Those photos were AMAZING! Congrats,
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews I was considering BellTrans f. #thinking
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    123: Invitedimage
    TBA: Attendingimage
    TBA: Declinedimage
    TBA: Not Repliedimage
    RSVP August 10, 2013
  • Options
    starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_11-12-11-wedding-reviews-part-1-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:6e6399ce-bc61-4249-9f2a-ffb3b97efaa2Post:75a68885-0ba3-4c2b-bb4a-7d33cef270a3">Re: 11-12-11 Wedding Reviews Part 1!!! Long!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had the 600ss. It wasn't part of our package, but we booked it through the wedding chapel.
    Posted by kcoleybear@aol.com[/QUOTE]
    Thanks you.  Our package comes with it and trying to decide if its big enough to get ready in on the day of.  Did you ask for a view or did it come automatcally?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_11-12-11-wedding-reviews-part-1-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:6e6399ce-bc61-4249-9f2a-ffb3b97efaa2Post:2b5fb8ef-233a-47a0-b53a-fa2748ece3d1">Re: 11-12-11 Wedding Reviews Part 1!!! Long!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the reviews I was considering BellTrans f. #thinking
    Posted by texasdivabride[/QUOTE]

Check out EarthLimo. We used them to take us to the LV sign and for some pics in MB (not our original plan but the 48Hour Concert messed up my picture plans, so we had to wing it) I liked that Tax & Tip was included in the price. Our driver was super friendly as well.
    <a href="http://earthlimos.leads.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://earthlimos.leads.com/</a>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards