December 2012 Weddings

Color help!! 12/8/12

We are getting married 12/8/12 and it will be on our ECU's campus, where we both graduated from, so we wanted to use the school colors, purple and gold! I am IN LOVE with this wedding..

With that said, I had always imagined my bridesmaids wearing purple. However, the dress I have chosen, which is a simple dress from Target comes in purple OR black. Now I know black is kind of random considering the colors I have just said, but here's the thing.. I've been having trouble matching all my purples (since there are so many shades), so I thought about maybe just letting my girls wear black, and then I could match any purple to that. Maybe I could add purple into their flowers?????? What do you think? Here are the bridesmaid dresses:
Crossover V-Neck Sateen Dress - Assorted Colors.Opens in a new window
Crossover V-Neck Sateen Dress - Assorted Colors.Opens in a new window

Thanks for any input!

Re: Color help!! 12/8/12

• edited July 2012
    Totally up to you. I went with black and am getting married on 12.08.12 but simply because I figured that the girls could wear their dress again. 

Honestly if the purple isn't exactly the same color does it really matter? Flowers will be harder to match from what I have heard from my florist. 

Hope that helps some. 
  • I think your colors are great. I definitely like the colors NOT matching. I think it gives you more flexibility when choosing other decor items + it's cute!
  • I agree with either way will be beautiful. My date is 12-29 and my girls are wearing black and the restt of the wedding is tone on tone creams, silvers and white for a winter wonderland look. I don't think you have to match it all, just blend....
  • You could do any/all shade(s) of purple!  I love that look!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Birthday
  • saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    You could do either! I'm getting married 12/8 too and using purple, green, and gold. My BMs are wearing purple, but if you want them in black, it'd be really easy to get purple flowers. We're using a lot of green flowers, but with purple calla lillies and gold sparkley bits. I agree with the no worrying about matching, we're just getting close for the purples and are having a variety of shades of light greens. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think the black dresses would be fine with the purple flowers it will look great with the girls holding the flowers against their black dresses. I'm getting married 12/1/12 and my girls are wearing plum as well I absolutley love that little collage you have!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • faublous ,congratulations 
    i like the colors ,  so gorgeous , so good taste  
  • I'm a NC bride too and a date twin! I just got engaged a week and a half ago so I'm crammed for time on dresses as well. I really wanted to incorporate color too instead of going just black and looked at plum and teal. Just one warning my mom brought up with me... my church (not sure if you are getting married in a church) will be decorated for Christmas (green trees with white lights and a ton of red poinssettias) and I'm not allowed to remove any of them. So now I'm leaning towards black or a metallic so as not to clash with the Christmasy colors. I'm starting to fall in love with the simple, elegant look of the black... matches groosmen perfectly and looks really timeless... but I love your purple too!! Either will look beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards