Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Anyone know a GOOD seamstress who can fix a wedding dress hem in one week?

So I just drove from Philly to MN over the past 2 days. My wedding is next Saturday, May 26. I picked my dress up from the seamstress on my way out of town, assuming everything would be fine. Well I get the dress home, and the hem is AWFUL. It's uneven, the under layer is longer than the outer layer in places, and they didn't even hem the very outer layer, they just cut it off! So needless to say I need to get it fixed, but I don't even know where to start, or if anyone can do it in a short amount of time.

So if anyone has suggestions, please let me know!! Thank you!

Re: Anyone know a GOOD seamstress who can fix a wedding dress hem in one week?

• Options
    I used Tonya with Last Minute Bridal Alterations.  She works out of her house is Shakopee.  I dont know how busy she is right now, but she had done two dresses for me now and both turned out really great.  It wouldn't hurt to give her a call to see if she can get it in by your deadline.  Here is the info:

952-233-0750
    2067 Meridian Ct
    Shakopee, MN 55379

HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 203 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 61 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I went to a lady named Vivienne that owns Mighty Stitch in north Minneapolis. Honestly, the place looks like a bit of a dump, but she's amazing and did a fantastic job on my dress. Mighty Stitch by Vivienne2144 44th Ave No, Minneapolis6125298744Sorry about the weird formatting. I'm posting from my phone.
  • Options
    I'd call Brenda at Amazing Alterations in Anoka and see if she can get you in. For my final fitting 2 weeks ago I had some last minute fixes and she did them on the spot I was there for about two hours but left with a perfect fitting dress.
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks everyone! Going to a few places today, hopefully one of them works out! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards