Not Engaged Yet
Options

Acro - HM

Acro, hahaha I am officially stalking you now. And since we are official date twins, I want to go back to your post about honeymoon options. We'd like to plan ours sooner than later to get a good deal. We'd like the beach, but are also going to look into "alternative options".... did you get any good recs for August locations, sans weather problems???

FI mentioned some resort in Jackson Hole, WY. We've also thought about doing a smaller trip (Nantucket or Cape Cod... we're in Boston) and going to Europe in another couple years.

And of course, we'd love to look into the Caribbean... but with the weather, i don't know!

What feedback did you get is basically what I'm asking you

:)

Re: Acro - HM

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...let's see.  I got a lot of good recs for U.S. vacation spots, but had been to a lot of them already.  San Fran, the Keys, Charleston, Alaska, etc.  FI has never been to Alaska or on a cruise, so we're considering that one.  I also was told to look into Costa Rica by multiple people in our families, so we're going to do that.  Also found that the ABC Islands (Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao) are on the bottom edge of the hurricane belt and least likely to get hit.  Also, Margarita Island off the coast of Venezuela is supposed to be beautiful, as well as Belize.  Fiji, Tahiti, and Hawaii are supposed to be awesome in August, so if you have the money and the time to travel that far...that's an option.

In all honesty we're probably not going to go on a honeymoon, and instead will go somewhere for a few days after the wedding to relax and unwind, and then get back to the grindstone, save some money, and take a larger trip later on.  There are pros and cons to this plan.  Pros are I'll be back in time for school, we can save money and go somewhere awesome later on, and we'll still get to hang out as a couple right after the wedding for a few days before we get back to reality.  The major con is that I'm worried if we don't take a real honeymoon right after the wedding, we'll find other things to do with the money, or we'll decide to go ahead and start a family (since we want to do that soon after we get married) and we'll never end up taking a honeymoon at all. 

::shrug::  We decided not to talk about it til after the holidays so we could avoid the stress of trying to plan it on absolutely zero money.  The roof repair on our house really wiped us clean for funds, and we're still in debt to his dad for it because he had to ask for help AND now that the roof is fixed, we have to fix the floor, ceiling and wall that the leak ruined.  It's really a total mess, and we just don't have the cash to feel comfortable spending it on a vacation.  We're hoping that for Christmas we may get a little money or some loan forgiveness from his dad so that we can actually re-group our savings account, but we'll see.

Wow, now I feel like I'm whining.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.  My thread is "honeymoon ideas" on this board, and "rec your honeymoon" on our club board if you want to go looking for them.  There were good ideas in both.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hah!! Don't feel like you're whining. I totally understand where you're at. FI and I are thinking about a low-scale HM bc we're hoping to buy a house soon and stop renting.

Mini-moons are totally underrated.

FIs grandparents told me how their honeymoon was taking a week off work and going out to the movies/dinner/daytrips together!!! Sounds romantic enough for me!!

thanks for the recs!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards