Texas-Houston
Options

DJ recommendations??

I am looking for a DJ that plays top 40, hip hop, and R&B music. MY FI is from Dallas and all of his friends LOVE to dance. I need someone who can keep the party going! If they have lighting, that would be great! Please help!!!

ETA: If possible, pricing??
PersonalMilestone

Re: DJ recommendations??

• Options
    sklink0486sklink0486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with Premium Sound DJ's. It is a married couple so one handles the mic and the other does the music. They have great reviews online, the woman was very energetic when I talked to her on the phone which I really liked cause some of the other DJ's seemed blah that I talked to. She responds very quickly to emails, was easy to set up a phone conversation with, and she is a wedding planner also. In many of the reviews, people talked about how it was an advantage to have her there because she was able to get the photographer or videographer when dances were about to start, etc. They play the music you are asking for too. Their prices were some of the best I found- $650 for 4 hours. Their dance floor lighting packages are only $75 and $100, and uplighting is only $25 each. Obviously, I haven't used them yet, but from the experience I've had so far and based on others' reviews, I would definitely recommend them.
    Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

• Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Space City Entertainment and I absolutely loved them. I had to plan my Houston wedding from Huntsville and the owner Jonny Black was more than willing to help me in anyway. Since we weren't able to meet in person we communicated via email and phone and everything went very smoothly the day of the wedding.

I only used him for music because our reception was during the day so we didn't need any lighting, but I do know that they do lighting as well as DJ services. We had a Sunday wedding, so our services were discounted, but we paid 550.00.

I was extremely pleased with their services, and our guests were coming up after the wedding telling us what a great job he did with everything. I would definitely recommend.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    REB1003REB1003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Space City Entertainment.  They have been a pleasure to work with and I have not had any trouble getting any questions answered or getting a hold of them! Highly recommend using Space City!

Life as a Cooking Wife!:
    http://cookinbloom.blogspot.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lthomelthome member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LG Entertainment!!! We were looking for the same things.. alot of dancing and lots of hip hop / r&b.. our dance floor was full the whole night and the music was awesome!! LG Entertainment also does lighting!! They also have a photo booth!
  • Options
    KAnde818KAnde818 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_dj-recommendations-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:2be20d9c-f878-4803-8a23-1dc7a61c40fePost:9439306a-9ddc-4b6e-a139-fdd2072a24a4">Re: DJ recommendations??</a>:
    [QUOTE]LG Entertainment!!! We were looking for the same things.. alot of dancing and lots of hip hop / r&b.. our dance floor was full the whole night and the music was awesome!!  LG Entertainment also does lighting!! They also have a photo booth!
    Posted by lthome[/QUOTE]

How much did you pay for LG?
    PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    seankourtseankourt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just went to a wedding not too long ago and their dj was pretty good! http://www.cat5productions.com/events.html
  • Options
    lawddlawdd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hands down Elegante Entertainment seriously the best!
    =]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pst726pst726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Acoustoc Productions, Danny Ray. He is awesome!

So ready to marry my best friend! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mhphoustonmhphouston member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second LG Entertainment. Ask for Lewis though if he is available.  I just worked a wedding with them a few weeks ago and now they have well over 10 DJs on staff so you will want to know who you are getting (I haven't met them all). He works the crowd and serves as a real MC. The uplighting they do is really nice too. I won't mention names, but there is a popular DJ service here in town that does uplighting and photobooths and their uplighting was just terrible at this one wedding (it was really tacky).
  • Options
    lmasters15lmasters15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Space City, too.  I think they are great!  It's $800 for a Saturday but I booked at a bridal show so it was only $700.  I got them because they have turn tables and can mix music instead of just pushing play on a laptop.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for top 40, R&B, check out these videos from weddings!
    http://signatureeventx.com/video-blog/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards