Kentucky-Louisville

Favors

Is it necessary or expected to have favors of some type at the reception???  I am having a hard time finding something to do that is cheap and that people would care about having....suggestions??

Re: Favors

• BRITTNESS83BRITTNESS83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmm, idk....I'll be anxious to hear the answers
  • Deirdre1BDeirdre1B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally I think it's fine not to have any favors.  But one cool idea is to have the photo booth. And guests get to take a copy of the pictures they take in the photo booth.
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm always a big fan of edible favors.  Even if it's something simple like a few cookies in a cellophane bag or Hershey kisses or whatever.  We're doing a donation in the name of our guests to the missionary organization I work for in lieu of favors. 
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP, we are also making a donation in the name of our guests to an organization that means a lot to us. I've seen this done before and it's usually very well liked and received by the guests. I personally think it's a little more meaningful than some favors that people forget and get thrown away, but that's just my opinion.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope, you don't have to have favors.  Edible ones usually go over best.  Beware of doing favor donations though - if you donated in my name to a cause I dislike, I might be upset.  If you want to make a donation and not have favors, feel free to do so.  But don't AW the donation to get credit for it with your guests unless you're sure each and every one of them is a supporter as well. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    For favors, I'm going to a local candy shop, buying lots of locally made chocolates, put a few in cheap bags, and tie them with ribbons that match my wedding colors. For the bags, if you shop around on the internet for candy bags, you can find them for like $4 for 100 bags. You could do something like that with basic hershey kisses from the grocery or whatever your favorite candy is and it would be cheap and personalized.
  • edited December 2011
    We're making chocolate covered pretzels and putting them in cellophane bags...got the bags from Michael's with 40% off coupons...and the chocolate (on sale) there too...it's ending up to be quite inexpensive.
  • edited December 2011
    We are either giving saplings or some kind of flower to plant since we are having a garden themed wedding for each family instead of each person.  I wanted something that guests could have for a long time, actually use and remember our day every time they see it.
  • edited December 2011
    Adelaide...  LIke the idea of the saplings.  Are you getting them online somewhere?
  • edited December 2011

A cheap and easy idea I saw once was putting a Hershey's hug and kiss wrapped together with a thank you note attaced from the bride and groom.  May not work so well if it's an outdoor wedding in the summer though.

• edited December 2011
    Shellebelle - I haven't decided on where I'm getting them yet but I LOVED the idea as well.  I'm going out next month which will be the month I'm getting married next year. Hopefully I can test the waters and see what kind of deal I can actually get at either Lowes or any gardning center before I look at prices online.
  • edited December 2011

We are doing cd's for our wedding favors. It will be all love songs, and some of the songs that will be played at our wedding. We are going to have our pics taken and it will be put on the cd.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anybody looking for candy bags - I think I have about 200 left over from our wedding.  I got them from Nashville Wraps and used them for all sorts of stuff in our OOT bags and for our favors (chocolate covered pretzel sticks).
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards