Christian Weddings
Options

Tuesday QOTD

Stemming off the couponing question, what is your strategy for clipping coupons and getting the best deals? Any good web-sites?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tuesday QOTD

• Options

The grocery store we use the most doesn't put out coupons and they don't take web coupons, so i don't do it.  Most of the coupons I find aren't helpful for me anyway.  We have no problem buying generic and it's rare I find a deal on a name brand with coupon that's better than the generic price.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_tuesday-qotd-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:3fc9943c-1f29-4fc5-b092-167a2364f60aPost:b64e8f6b-b08d-40cd-ad94-328fad01013e">Re: Tuesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]The grocery store we use the most doesn't put out coupons and they don't take web coupons, so i don't do it.  Most of the coupons I find aren't helpful for me anyway.  <strong>We have no problem buying generic and it's rare I find a deal on a name brand with coupon that's better than the generic price</strong>.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

I am also a fan of buying generic
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've found that Target allows you to pair one Target coupon (I usally print them off its website) with one manufacturers coupon. It usually results in some pretty good savings. I'm also planning to start really using my local grocery store's double discount days, but they only take up to five coupons and you have to buy at least $25 of stuff before the discount (I may have H take one set of coupons and go with me but use more coupons with two transactions).
  • Options
    I don't have enough patience to use them regularly.  I just try to buy things when they're two for the price of one.  If I spot a coupon for make-up I snag that - those are usually a dollar or two in a magazine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I definitely buy generic and save all the Sunday newspaper ads!

I also keep my eye out for Groupons, etc.

www.cheapsally.com is a great website!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm not a major coupon-er. That said I always look at coupons when I get them to see if there's a good one for something I already buy, or if there's a get-this-free coupon. Usually those are for like one can of cat food or dog treats, or like I'm debating taking this "one free eyebrow or bikini waxing for first time customers" to a spa a county over.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards