New Jersey - South

Kenneth Stillman..GETTING WORRIED.

Still haven't recieved my video.. I haven't heard back from Ken since LAST JANUARY. I have called and e mailed him tons of times and he hasn't even replied. I am getting really worried. :(

Re: Kenneth Stillman..GETTING WORRIED.

• edited December 2011
    I've heard from other brides that it takes a LONG time but his work is worth it. IMO, that is way to long to wait for a video! I'd be paying him a visit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    That is ridiculous. I would not wait that long. I don't care how good he is, that is just way too long and not professional at all to ignore brides like that.
  • Sami_GSami_G member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'd be interested to see if he's checking out the boards, reads your post, and calls you today.  

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_kenneth-stillmangetting-worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:743386d2-2571-453c-a148-cf910bac121dPost:642433b3-d62c-45e4-92e2-44eeacbcfc07">Re: Kenneth Stillman..GETTING WORRIED.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd be interested to see if he's checking out the boards, reads your post, and calls you today.  
    Posted by Sami_G[/QUOTE]

LOL yup!
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel like everyone thats used him is still waiting for their video according to all the posts i read about him. Has anyone that's used him actually received their video? I havent heard of anyone say that they actually got it yet....I would definitely be concerned.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_kenneth-stillmangetting-worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:743386d2-2571-453c-a148-cf910bac121dPost:5d4d4556-5f8e-47ee-8651-a5cd598c6c72">Re: Kenneth Stillman..GETTING WORRIED.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like everyone thats used him is still waiting for their video according to all the posts i read about him. Has anyone that's used him actually received their video? <strong>I havent heard of anyone say that they actually got it yet....I would definitely be concerned.
    </strong>Posted by teacup0618[/QUOTE]

Ditto!

There seems to be a post about this guy <strong>at least</strong> once a month.  I'm <strong>NOT</strong> bashing him, by the way, I'm just stating a fact, so those who have used him, please don't get upset at me!  Thanks.
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out his BBB rating.  It's not good.  And yes, there seems to be a post about him every month, so I too would be concerned.
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

See, I'm not a patient person. I'd have someone contact him as a potential new client and set up a meeting. I'm very sure when it comes to potential jobs and $$ he'd respond asap. Then you show up at the meeting and ask him what's going on... There's reasonable amounts of time to wait for things however all of them include some form of communication in the meantime.

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_kenneth-stillmangetting-worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:743386d2-2571-453c-a148-cf910bac121dPost:2b27646f-44a9-4e6e-a422-589e2dbb2300">Re: Kenneth Stillman..GETTING WORRIED.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Check out his BBB rating.</strong>  It's not good.  And yes, there seems to be a post about him every month, so I too would be concerned.
    Posted by lmparlett[/QUOTE]

Wow, just read it after you alerted us to it, terrible!
  • edited December 2011

I don't know how any sane business person could conduct themselves in this way, especially in the current economic climate.  I've never heard of anyone actually getting this video from him......so I'm not sure how anyone can know how nice his work is.  I'd be calling an attorney and informing of him of this depending upon the contract you signed. 

• edited December 2011
    Holy crap their BBB rating is horrible.  Now I'm nervous and checking all of my vendors.  Lovely.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_kenneth-stillmangetting-worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:743386d2-2571-453c-a148-cf910bac121dPost:e0d489f3-fe37-4c5f-9c8e-f761e2c7ae91">Re: Kenneth Stillman..GETTING WORRIED.</a>:
    [QUOTE]As a bride who used Ken I can tell you that he has kept in touch with people and explained why he got behind - due to personal family issues. You may not agree with this explanation and that's fine. My photographer also broke her leg and I got my wedding album 2 months later than expected. The fact is a wedding vendor's personal and professional life are the same. This could happen to anyone of your vendors. If it hasn't consider yourself lucky. It took about a year to get my video but it was well worth it. I have watched it many time since I got it. In comparison I have seen the videos that people have posted by other popular videographers on here and I couldn't imagine watching it more than once. If you want star wipes and page curls all over your videos you are nuts. And the last person who should be posting here is Mucisheals. Her first videographer went out of business. She's a wonderful judge of character, isn't she? Now who would listen to her when she recommends her $600 videographer. I get sick of all the vendor bashing on here, especially when it's somebody I used and delivered a good product. We don't watch the video and talk about the late delivery. It's not even an issue and I would recommend Ken to anybody. The truth is that all the people who are trashing him are people who hired $600 videographers, which just tells me that you couldn't afford Ken anyway and that your trash fulled posts are out of jealously of those who could afford him and got enjoyable videos. If you think any of those $600 videographers can compare just go to Ken's blog and see his outstanding work for yourself. <a rel="nofollow" href="http://philadelphiaweddingvideos.blogspot.com/">http://philadelphiaweddingvideos.blogspot.com/</a>
    Posted by angel33284[/QUOTE]

Angel, shut up, seriously.  No one needs your crap!  You're elitist, stuck-up and probably a vendor yourself, you trouble-making troll!  You must work for the guy!

ETA:  And I'm going to repeat my first post above, since you didn't take the time to read it before you, once again, viciously attacked me for NO GOD-DAMNED REASON:

There seems to be a post about this guy <strong>at least</strong> once a month.  I'm <strong>NOT</strong> bashing him, by the way, I'm just stating a fact, so those who have used him, please don't get upset at me!  Thanks.

Notice I said <strong>I'm NOT bashing him????</strong>
  • edited December 2011
    I also used Ken for my wedding. I love my video.  It is amazing.  That being said, it did take a year to finally get my video.  Just keep bugging him, eventually you will get your video.  Personally, I think he was worth the wait.
    U/S#1 showed 2 heartbeats! U/S#2 showed Baby A's heartbeat was 157 and Baby B 's heartbeat was 183! U/S#4 showed Baby A is a Boy (heartbeat 161) and Baby B is a Girl (heartbeat 159)!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_kenneth-stillmangetting-worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:743386d2-2571-453c-a148-cf910bac121dPost:a392f10f-d85a-40c0-bdc8-ac72b156815b">Re: Kenneth Stillman..GETTING WORRIED.</a>:
    [QUOTE]There you. Are you going to accuse Bachorlette of being a vendor or working for Ken as well. How about Taccoten, NorthStar, or Clever Euphmism over on the Philly boards who just posted their videos and said they loved them. Are they vendors as well. Let us know when you get your $600 video. I can't wait until you post it online. Or will you? If your video is even mildly entertaining I will cancel my account here and never come back.  Deal?

No one else bashes me except you, Angel.  I don't deserve your personal attacks.  Did you notice other brides on this post had comments too?  Or did you just zero in on mine to insult me because you enjoy it?
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, I went on the website that Angel posted. This 'video' that no one is receiving, is that the same as the 5 minute 'big shows' he has on his blog? How much does this guy charge for these things?
  • edited December 2011
    I would assume he thinks the 'big show' keeps you quiet for a while. I don't think that would make me quiet for long though lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_kenneth-stillmangetting-worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:743386d2-2571-453c-a148-cf910bac121dPost:e0d489f3-fe37-4c5f-9c8e-f761e2c7ae91">Re: Kenneth Stillman..GETTING WORRIED.</a>:
    [QUOTE]As a bride who used Ken I can tell you that he has kept in touch with people and explained why he got behind - due to personal family issues. You may not agree with this explanation and that's fine. My photographer also broke her leg and I got my wedding album 2 months later than expected. The fact is a wedding vendor's personal and professional life are the same. This could happen to anyone of your vendors. If it hasn't consider yourself lucky. It took about a year to get my video but it was well worth it. I have watched it many time since I got it. In comparison I have seen the videos that people have posted by other popular videographers on here and I couldn't imagine watching it more than once. If you want star wipes and page curls all over your videos you are nuts. And the last person who should be posting here is Mucisheals. Her first videographer went out of business. She's a wonderful judge of character, isn't she? Now who would listen to her when she recommends her $600 videographer. I get sick of all the vendor bashing on here, especially when it's somebody I used and delivered a good product. We don't watch the video and talk about the late delivery. It's not even an issue and I would recommend Ken to anybody. The truth is that all the people who are trashing him are people who hired $600 videographers, which just tells me that you couldn't afford Ken anyway and that your trash fulled posts are out of jealously of those who could afford him and got enjoyable videos. If you think any of those $600 videographers can compare just go to Ken's blog and see his outstanding work for yourself. <a href="http://philadelphiaweddingvideos.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://philadelphiaweddingvideos.blogspot.com/</a>

Er I find this offensive and so ignorant.  I easily could of afforded Ken if I wanted to....but I didn't find his work to be that much more superior to Jack Otepka (certainly not with a $2,000 difference) nor did I enjoy his personality of concept of business standards.  Stop being such a snob.  I've seen plenty of $600 wedding videos that are significantly better than some of the thousand dollar ones.  Get over yourself.
  • edited December 2011

Also, Angel....till we see a clip of your heavenly video by Kenneth Stillman I call bullshit.  No one has bashed him but stated the facts.  He does have an F rating by the BBB.  That is something he should be ashamed of as a business person. 

• angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you even read the BBB report? He resolved all but two of them. Considering he does over 100 videos a year and he had personal issues I'd say that's not bad. He kept us in the loop, so I never felt a need to complain to the BBB, but I can see some people going zilla and thinking this will speed things up somehow.

Service Issues  (1 complaints)  1Company made every reasonable effort to resolve    Delivery Issues  (9 complaints)  6Resolved  1Company made every reasonable effort to resolve  2Company did not respond    Product Quality  (1 complaints)  1Resolved
  • edited December 2011
    I personally never heard of this guy, however I think the real issue here, which the posters defending this guy seem to ignore is that the initial post was not necessarily a complaint she gotten gotten her video in a year, but rather that she hasn't even HEARD from him in a year and THAT is why she is worried. I have not booked my videographer yet but I'd certainly rather spend $600 on a video I know I would at least have at the end of the day rather than a $2000 video I can't appreciate because the videographer has up and disappeared.

Some people can't afford certain things. It doesn't make them anything but honest about what their budget is and it's CERTAINLY not something that defines them as a person. I'm sure if I wanted to, I COULD afford to do certain things for my wedding. The fact is I WON'T because as much as I want this day to go well, I'm not going to sacrifice my beginnings as a married woman trying to pay off one day everyone has already told me I won't get to stop and enjoy because it goes so fast. I know that maybe I was not the one who the previous posts were directed towards however I feel the need to defend the women on this site who have helped me through planning so much of my wedding and through all the problems I've had. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and no one should be attacked because they can't afford (or simply refuse to deal with) someone you happen to like. Sometimes people LEGITIMATELY have BAD experiences with people even if you like them.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_kenneth-stillmangetting-worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:743386d2-2571-453c-a148-cf910bac121dPost:83275f6b-5632-4416-8fc8-d1f17098b5e1">Re: Kenneth Stillman..GETTING WORRIED.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I personally never heard of this guy, however I think the real issue here, which the posters defending this guy seem to ignore is that the initial post was not necessarily a complaint she gotten gotten her video in a year, but rather that she hasn't even HEARD from him in a year and THAT is why she is worried. I have not booked my videographer yet but I'd certainly rather spend $600 on a video I know I would at least have at the end of the day rather than a $2000 video I can't appreciate because the videographer has up and disappeared. <strong>Some people can't afford certain things</strong>. It doesn't make them anything but honest about what their budget is and it's CERTAINLY not something that defines them as a person. I'm sure if I wanted to, I COULD afford to do certain things for my wedding. The fact is I WON'T because as much as I want this day to go well, I'm not going to sacrifice my beginnings as a married woman trying to pay off one day everyone has already told me I won't get to stop and enjoy because it goes so fast. I know that maybe I was not the one who the previous posts were directed towards however I feel the need to defend the women on this site who have helped me through planning so much of my wedding and through all the problems I've had. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and no one should be attacked because they can't afford (or simply refuse to deal with) someone you happen to like. Sometimes people LEGITIMATELY have BAD experiences with people even if you like them.
    Posted by Rangergirl[/QUOTE]

I don't even think its about being able to 'afford' it or not (I know those were Angel's words), its about who would waste the money to get a whole lot of nothing? I watched the 'big show' on his blog and I don't see what the hype is about. I know college media majors who can put a better video together than that. Whatever video these brides are waiting on better be some Hollywood studio quality product for the money that this guy charges and the time he makes them wait for it. Hell, after a year, I don't even think I would care to see the video at that point. Wedding is over, life has moved on.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_kenneth-stillmangetting-worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:743386d2-2571-453c-a148-cf910bac121dPost:a65747ac-a2ab-43dd-8c55-362a2a7fbd7f">Re: Kenneth Stillman..GETTING WORRIED.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kenneth Stillman..GETTING WORRIED. : I don't even think its about being able to 'afford' it or not (I know those were Angel's words), its about who would waste the money to get a whole lot of nothing? I watched the 'big show' on his blog and I don't see what the hype is about. I know college media majors who can put a better video together than that. Whatever video these brides are waiting on better be some Hollywood studio quality product for the money that this guy charges and the time he makes them wait for it. Hell, after a year, I don't even think I would care to see the video at that point. Wedding is over, life has moved on.
    Posted by 2010Bride2be[/QUOTE]

This exactly.  My friends in college could make better videos then I've seen of his work.  I wouldn't even spend $600 on his product let alone thousands.  Also, in the grand scheme of things my photography matters a whole lot more to me than the video. 
    edited December 2011

Ladies, thank you.  You make this board so nice compared to some people.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards