Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

My MOH can't come to the wedding

I know this was bound to happen when planning a destination wedding, but I wasn't expecting it from her. She found out that her boss is pregnant and is taking maternity leave from January to June of next year. Because her department is only her and her boss, she can't take any time off until her boss returns. I'm just so dissappointed considering we've been friends since we were 5. It just kind of bothers me, because I've had the date planned since January of this year. I just can't help but think if she had taken the time off as soon as she found out we wouldn't run into this problem. 

Of course, she is still helping me with planning and stuff but it's still upsetting that she can't attend because her boss got pregnant and is taking maternity leave. Oh well...

I just needed to get this out somewhere. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My MOH can't come to the wedding

• Options
    Im sorry...that really sucks. What happens if the boss is out and your friend gets sick? It just seems ridiculous that a boss would take 6 months maturnity leave when there is only one person to cover. Maybe your friend should suggest a temp while her boss is away or only take a few days off for your wedding. I just find it terrible that your friend can't take any time off for and entire 6 months. Hopefully she can work her way around this.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    TerriHuggTerriHugg member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2012
    And to make matters worse. I just found out that my other bridesmaid can't make it ether.

I feel like my worse fears are coming true.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know its not easy to hear. A few of my nearest and dearest are unfortunately not going to be joining us because of the DW. One I was REALLY upset about has now made it work to atleast be at the ceremony, but has to fly our right after so she's missing dinner and the reception... its not easy at all to hear.

You can always vent on here :)
  • Options
    That's a huge bummer. I would have cried if my MOH couldn't come. She should talk to her boss and see if they can work something out. She can't just give up like that.
  • Options
    Darn, i know exactly what you mean about putting in the vacation time sooner!  Although it doesn't help the situation to think of it that way :-(  Can she take one or two days?  Maybe if she makes sure to have access to email they won't mind? 

Any  yea what Jenn said, if she were to get sick or need a personal day...how can it be she won't be able to take any time off for 6 months straight!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this news. I sure hope that she can figure something out so that she can be a part of your day. Fingers crossed for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your comfort everyone. It's just so upsetting. Especially now since I just found out that another close friend of mine since highschool can't come to the wedding because she is going to grad school in the beginning of next year. 

Like I said, I figured these types of things would happen when having a destination wedding but I just didn't expect it to happen with them. 

I was thinking of stilll including them in the planning and then still putting their names in the programs and maybe having a chair set up for them with their pictures on it to symbolize their importance to me. However, now I'm wondering if that will be a snub to  my other two bridesmaids who are still coming. Like would the bridesmaids who are actually attending going to feel upset if I still consider someone who can't attend my MOH? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards