Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Inviting the President and First Lady...anybody heard of this?

I thought I heard a few years ago from a bride (friend of a friend who I no longer see) that if you send an invite to the President that they will send back a regret on formal White House stationery, a nice little souveneir for your scrapbook.

Has anyone else heard or done this? I'd like to, but only if its worth the effort. I also don't want to be put on any weird government lists ha ha.

Re: Inviting the President and First Lady...anybody heard of this?

• Options
    I have definitely heard of this -- supposedly the White House will send you back a letter congratulating you from the President.  I'm sure it's auto-penned but hey, pretty cool if you ask me!

• Options

Are you on Pinterest? If you are, you can search "Heck yeah, you're invited" and it'll show you a pin with several well-known people who will send something back if you invite them to your wedding. Pretty neat stuff!

• Options
    Since you get back a generic response not actually from the person, I'm not really sure I see the point. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_inviting-the-president-and-first-ladyanybody-heard-of-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:de528751-0640-4249-8038-ce91876e34c3Post:1d2fdb7f-55cd-470d-b8da-2c1ce0c90880">Re: Inviting the President and First Lady...anybody heard of this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since you get back a generic response not actually from the person, I'm not really sure I see the point. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

Me neither-especially if you don't actually know them.  It seems like a waste of postage and time to me.
  • Options
    How do you do the envelope? The President and Mrs. Barack Hussein Obama or Mr. And Mrs.?
  • Options
    President and Mrs. Barack Obama
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest
    Washington, District of Columbia 20500

I used the below website when I was addressing my invitations.  I thought they had really good all-encompassing advice.  The bottom has "fun" people to invite that you supposedly get letters back from.

http://www.artisticaddressing.com/Etiquette.htm
  • Options
    We did this and got a cool post card back.  The envelope was written in the most perfect penmanship I've ever seen.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We're sending spare invites to the President, and Mickey & Minnie Mouse.  Considering we bought 400 stamps for everything, and then decided to get 100 different stamps for our response cards, I'm not worried about wasting postage..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • Options
    The Queen of England (according to a special I watched) ACTUALLY attended a wedding of someone who had the guts to invite her. She thought it would be fun to just show up.

I do know a story of someone who did this with random celebs and did get some responses back from peole on letterhead.

I say "go for it". What do you have to lose? LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards