Music Questions:

Jen's Post got me thinking.

1) What is your current fave song?
2) What song is your shameful love?
3) What song most describes you?
4) Post a link to a youtube video of a song you would like to share
5) New found favorite song/musician/artist/etc
6) Favorite musical
7) Do you tend to stick to one type of genre, do you span several, all of them?
8) Did you always love this type of genre?
9) Did your SO contribute to your like of another genre?

Re: Music Questions:

• 1) What is your current fave song?
    Blown away by Carrie Underwood and 5-1-5-0 by Dirks Bentley

Call Me Maybe. It's just...upbeat and addictive.

Raise your glass by Pink, I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q0reAgBMYA

Dia Frampton (thanks to Blake Shelton on the Voice)

6) Favorite musical
    Rent and Wicked

I span several. Country, Rock, Pop, some hip-hop. I give everything a shot

No - I used to be a straight up Country girl

Not FI - but a few exes got me into heavy rock/metal and things like that
  • 1) What is your current fave song?
    Love You Till the End - The Pogues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjtzdummdCA

The Mesopotamians - They Might Be Giants: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAMRTGv82Zo

Pass?

See above!

I'm loving Lily Allen, A Fine Frenzy, and Kate Nash right now.

6) Favorite musical
    Phantom of the Opera

I'm a genre jumper.  This gets even crazier when I jump languages.  I can rap like a crazy German.  Maybe I'll let you guys see it sometime.

I used to be very into the alternative.  Now I'm all over the place.

Nope.  He's very secretive about what kind of music he loves.  It drives me apeshit.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 1) What is your current fave song? Right now, I have to go with "Blown Away" but Carrie Underwood. But ask me again in an hour, it could be different.
    2) What song is your shameful love? LMFAO - Sexy & I Know It. I will always dance to it in the car, I don't care.
    3) What song most describes you? "A Little Bit Stronger" by Sara Evans. It always comes back to this. Always.
    4) Post a link to a youtube video of a song you would like to share. Eric Church - Springsteen
    5) New found favorite song/musician/artist/etc. Love & Theft. I think they're going to do wonderfully in the country music genre.
    6) Favorite musical. Rent.
    7) Do you tend to stick to one type of genre, do you span several, all of them? I listen to a little bit of everything. My six radio presets are - country, 90s station, country, current hits (pop stuff), hip hop, rock.
    8) Did you always love this type of genre? I go through phases. I'll listen to all country all the time, then go to rock, off to classic stuff, back to country, etc. I'm usually on one set thing for a while, then switch.
    9) Did your SO contribute to your like of another genre? Brady doesn't really GET music.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Jen's Post got me thinking.

1) What is your current fave song? Hm... I'm kind of in my "music is annoying" phase I tend to go thru every few months. Which is why I need audiobooks asap. But I have been blasting Too Close by Alex Clare each time it comes on the radio. And I may or may not have announced out loud alone in the car, "That's my jam!" to no one in particular.
    2) What song is your shameful love? There are a few. Mostly 90s pop songs. Mmbop for example.
    3) What song most describes you? Gooood question! I might say my theme song, but eh I'm more than that. I'll think about this and get back to you.
    4) Post a link to a youtube video of a song you would like to share http://youtu.be/sitkVOyZQZo
    5) New found favorite song/musician/artist/etc Alex Clare, Kimbra, Florence + the Machine
    6) Favorite musical Chicago (He had it coming!)
    7) Do you tend to stick to one type of genre, do you span several, all of them? I'm all over the place.
    8) Did you always love this type of genre? I used to be a wannabe music snob, but for screamy punk music. Think Boy Sets Fire, Strike Anywhere, Hot Water Music--- You're like "Who?" exactly what I wanted. Now I like liking lots of things and relating to lots of people and their different tastes.
    9) Did your SO contribute to your like of another genre? He definitely introduced me to a number of bands I hadn't/wouldn't have found on my own. The Dear Hunter, for example. Love them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_music-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b9a41b56-d532-4b7b-b7c2-32450a67aca2Post:8135eb4b-ebb9-4ba9-b7af-c175a3012675">Re: Music Questions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) What is your current fave song? Right now, I have to go with "Blown Away" but Carrie Underwood. But ask me again in an hour, it could be different. 2) What song is your shameful love? LMFAO - Sexy & I Know It. I will always dance to it in the car, I don't care. 3) What song most describes you? "A Little Bit Stronger" by Sara Evans. It always comes back to this. Always. 4) Post a link to a youtube video of a song you would like to share. Eric Church - Springsteen 5) New found favorite song/musician/artist/etc.<strong> Love & Theft. I</strong> think they're going to do wonderfully in the country music genre. 6) Favorite musical. Rent. 7) Do you tend to stick to one type of genre, do you span several, all of them? I listen to a little bit of everything. My six radio presets are - country, 90s station, country, current hits (pop stuff), hip hop, rock. 8) Did you always love this type of genre? I go through phases. I'll listen to all country all the time, then go to rock, off to classic stuff, back to country, etc. I'm usually on one set thing for a while, then switch. 9) Did your SO contribute to your like of another genre? Brady doesn't really GET music.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

I agree. I loved Runaway, and I adore Angel Eyes
  • Goood questions, Irish.
  • Jen, Thanks!! :)

OOOH. I just thought of another one

10) List 5 knotties, and a song that reminds you of them. GO!
  • 1) What is your current fave song? Ho Hey by the Lumineers. FI loves it, and thinks it should be "our song" so it makes me smile every time I hear it (which isn't often unfortunately).

2) What song is your shameful love? Hmm...not sure. I secretly like a few Nickelback songs, although I generally find them super annoying and I tend to make that pretty known 
    Embarassed.

3) What song most describes you? Again, not too sure. I'm not good at questions like this.

4) Post a link to a youtube video of a song you would like to share. 
    Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men (<-- clicky). I just love the song (I've never actually watched the vid - hah).

5) New found favorite song/musician/artist/etc. I've been listening to a lot of new rock lately (and by lately, I mean for the past few years) and I'm loving Mumford & Sons and other similar bands right now.

6) Favorite musical. Jesus Christ Superstar.

7) Do you tend to stick to one type of genre, do you span several, all of them? Well, I've been in the new rock camp for quite some time, but before that it was country, and before that it was teeny bopper music. Rock has always been a portion of what I listen to though, starting around the age of 10. I'm open to new music and new artists, and there isn't much I totally hate, but I still prefer to stick with the genre I love.

8) Did you always love this type of genre? See above. Exactly what type of rock I've listened to has changed over time for sure though. I tend to like artists that sound a bit more mellow now whereas before I liked alternative more. 

9) Did your SO contribute to your like of another genre? We partially bonded over music. We've always liked similar artists, and even went through our country phase together. He did make me fall in love with Alexisonfire though. I liked them before, but they're his favourite band, and now I love them too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • melmac86melmac86 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    1) What is your current fave song?
    Drink On It by Blake Shelton or Come Over by Kenny Chesney

Your Love by The Outfield. I can't help but sing.

Good Girl by Carrie Underwood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbAp5nphTz4 or  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruyaKdPfTN4

Can't think of anything really new.

6) Favorite musical
    Wicked

99% of the time it's country, but I like a few others - John Mayer, Bon Iver, The Black Keys, Coldplay, etc...

Grew up listening to country and I'll never stop

I hated ex-SO's music preferences.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards