Christian Weddings

Fun Fact of the Day

FI has fleas!!!! I posted this in Dear FI Friday a little bit ago, but the board is lonely so I thought I'd spark some conversation.
He picked up the fleas from a house he is working on that has 16 dog and obviously no flea protection. (FYI he does restoration work, and I think this house had a fire). Now I'm worried that they are going to get in his apartment since they are already inside his truck and his work's office. (Oh joy)

I did giggle a little when I found out he had fleas.

And what's going on with you today? Any funny stories to share?
imageAnniversary

Re: Fun Fact of the Day

• edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, but I giggled a little too.  Are you gonna get him some K9 Advantix?  LOL!  OK, OK, I'm gonna stop that now.

As for me, I am at work.  I get off in a little over an hour, then it's laundry and packing as I prepare for the move next weekend!  (We're moving week buddies, btw.)
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_fun-fact-of-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:f8765d37-74da-4833-bb72-d77208f83fc4Post:f6362516-0f5f-49ef-abfc-5edebcbd0ed5">Re: Fun Fact of the Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry, but I giggled a little too.  <strong>Are you gonna get him some K9 Advantix? </strong> LOL!  OK, OK, I'm gonna stop that now. As for me, I am at work.  I get off in a little over an hour, then it's laundry and packing as I prepare for the move next weekend!  (We're moving week buddies, btw.)
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

I think we have some extra for our dog.....
    imageAnniversary
  • ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My IL's wash their dogs with Pert (the people shampoo) because it's supposed to kill fleas.  Incidentally, FIL uses Pert as well.  None of them have fleas. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • aggiebugaggiebug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does he have pets?

vaccum his apartment thoroughly get as far under furniture are you can and then immediately throw out the bag. And I would get his truck vaccumed thoroughly too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    Wow - I didn't know that people got fleas.

No funny stories but I graduated from physical therapy today!  I'm sad because I'm going to really miss my therapist.  But I will save a lot of money since I don't have to pay to go there anymore.

AND....WE ARE ON VACATION!!!  We leave in the morning.  We are going to a music festival in NY and will see Newsboys, Chris Tomlin, Casting Crowns, Skillet, Rebecca St. James, Jeremy Camp, Sidewalk Prophets, Brit Nicole, Chris August, Petra, Disciple and more.  I'm so excited.
  • edited December 2011
    poor guy! that sounds awful!

We're moving into our house on Monday!!! well, he's moving in, i'm just moving stuff in. Other news in our weekend- i have an eye infection that I'm scared won't go away within 2 weeks. :-/  My almost sister-law had her twins yesterday!! SO grateful they decided to make their appearance before the wedding so she would be able to come. :-D
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Fleas! Ahh, didn't know people could get them! 

Lisa- Have fun on vaca! That concert sounds amazing!!! Can't wait to hear about it! 
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    Poor guy :( 

Nothing too funny here. I'm being amused by FMIL's accent while we wait for the family's flight to get in. One more hour!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    Since the 16 dogs aren't living in the house, and it's INFESTED with fleas even after they had an exterminator come, the fleas have nothing to feed on and swarm whatever warm-blooded creature comes in. SO GROSSS

But, on another note, he got rid of them (or at least we think so), so crisis avoided. Thankfully he/we don't have any pets.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards