Oklahoma

Should I Have To Do This?!?

Ok I am having a hard time understanding what I should do. Long story short....We invited my Fiance's cousin (and her brood of uncontrollable kids), and she was only going to bring the smallest for a picture with grandma (I wasn't so happy but figured I would deal with the 6 month old). However, now thanks to my FMIL, we have invited the people that were going to babysit the other 2 of her kids. I have been warned about these 2 before that their mother nor their grandmother will watch or discipline them when they are doing something wrong. They will ignore the boys. I don't believe I will have any other uncontrollable children at the wedding, and had thrown out the idea of getting a babysitter.....Am I really going to have to get a babysitter for a potentially screaming infant whose mother is dumb and 2 little boys who don't know how to behave?

P.S.- The babysitter would only be during the ceremony....I am willing to have my bouncers (AKA groomsmen) ask people to leave if they cannot control their kids.

Thanks for the help!

Re: Should I Have To Do This?!?

• edited December 2011
    Tell them they need to find a babysitter. If it's just there kids you are worried about. If they are the only one's who will have children tell them that children are not included in the invitation. If there are other children though you might have to spring for the babysitter.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's your wedding and I personally think you can choose which children you want there.  I have a lot of friends and family with children, but that doesn't mean they are all going to be invited!  Heck, my friends don't even want to bring their kids!  If it were me I'd ask for them to not bring the children but maybe turn it around like you are concerned they won't have a good time and you'd hate for the parents to not be able to enjoy a night out, something like that.  Good luck!
    Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • hposeyhposey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Its just those kids I am worried about....and I can't exclude them from the invite because my MIL wants her neice (the mom) to be able to bring her daughter for a generational shot with my Fiances grandma. I am just way stressing about this....and I don't want to be. I am hoping that the "extra" invitees will decide not to come and to watch the kids. If not....I may go Bridezilla on her.

On an off note....these are the kids I was told at Thanksgiving that, while I was cooking dinner for everyone, that I would also have to watch to make sure that they didn't destroy my house. They didn't end up coming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards