Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

gloves anyone?

Gloves are so unpopular nowadays, but I was wondering how many of you retro/vintage brides will be completing your look with this (in my opinion) timeless accessory?

I've been surfing the net for some pictures of shorties for inspiration for almost a year now!  I'm still on the fence about what sort I'd like.  I think I'd like them to be sheer, and simple.

Here are some (shortie) inspiration pictures for you ladies!

Or are any of you planning on wearing longer gloves?
Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: gloves anyone?

• Options
    im not planning on wearing gloves but i LOVEEE the shorties. theyre so freaking cute :)

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    I bought a pair of ivory crochet shorties to wear and I forgot them!!! It's the one thing that I wish I could change about our weddign day:(

They are so cute. I say go for it!
  • Options
    I wasn't planning on it since my dress is ivory and it might be hard to find matching ones on my budget, but I would LOVE to if I found the right pair!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I am wearring and so are my bridesmaids - the shorties.
    I can't wait to see the whole look.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I love gloves!!  (Of course, I would, since I love vintage!)

Nukke, you might want to look on www.carolinaamato.com.  Her gloves are pricey (over $100), but I saw her (NOT sheer) silk bow "shorties" on page 187 of the July/August Bridal Guide magazine and FLIPPED for them!  I actually gasped out loud, even though I was sitting in an airport and had people all around me.

On her website, the photo doesn't show how stunning they are when you put them on.  The direct link (if I've copied it correctly) is: carolinaamato.com/cgi-bin/agoracart55/agora.cgi?product=NoveltyB223_B224
    (NOTE to graysquirrel: Amato does sell ivory colored gloves)

Less expensive gloves are available at:
    gaspargloves.com/home.html

To view the wedding selection (SO CUTE!!), click on any of the gloves at the bottom of the home page, then click on the "Ladies Wedding Gloves" link.
    (NOTE to graysquirrel, style # 1513 is in ivory and costs $65)

I hope this helps someone out there! 

• Options
    I think gloves are going to make a bit of a comeback, now that vintage weddings are becoming more popular.  At least I hope so!!! 

I didn't know that etsy sold them (wouldn't have guessed), so I'll be sure to give it a look.  Thanks for mentioning it!    
  • Options
    I'm going to wear black, matte opera length gloves to go with the black/ivory theme.  Also for warmth, as I am a December-in-Wisconsin-Bride! :)

p.s. my dress is ivory.

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I found "shortie" gloves at an antique store in town.  They were only like $10, lace, and fabulous.  I almost died.  I also did the gasp thing even though others thought I was crazy.

I haven't decided if I will wear them or not for sure yet, but I have them and I love them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards