Texas-San Antonio
Options

Mothers, Grandmothers- What to wear??

Ok, you've all been so much help to me in previous posts. I am not sure if this is the appropriate board or if the answer is in another.

My mother and grandmother want to know what color they should wear to my wedding. My colors are Wine, Mauve and Cream (Ivory). My wedding is in Novermber 2012 so they have a ton of time, but they keep asking me. Do they match my bridesmaids (wine) or do they not wear any of my colors?

As always, I appreciate your help!

Re: Mothers, Grandmothers- What to wear??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My colors are red, black and white. My momma is wearing a brown dress with green and teal dots with a teal cover up and my FMIL is wearing something different.

They do not necessarily need to match your colors, but if you want to they can. Just tell them you want them to be in something comfortable but something appropriate for your wedding (IE if you're having aformal, semi formal wedding)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it should be based off what you will approve of and what they like.

My FMIL is wearing a red bridesmaid style dress, but getting it floor length. I will attach a pic.. and my mom is wearing a black dress she got from Ross for under $20 dollars. Most people would say that black and red are not okay, but it doesn't bother me. I would rather them feel and look good, then be so picky about it all.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they should have the same level of formality as the bridesmaids and the wedding in general, but I think color and style should be whatever they feel comfortable in.
  • Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just let them wear something that they're comfortable in that matches the formality of the event. If they insist on knowing a color, just give them some neutrals to work with. I don't think they need to 'match' the wedding party or linens, but just keep them in some similar tones and it should look fine.
  • Options
    rvrtrvrt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your help! I was not sure on the etiquette so your ideas really helped me Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards