North Carolina
Options

HELP!!! Please!

We are getting married at the Belmont Estate in Reidsville, NC. They have a bar package but it is extremely expensive. We can get someone else to do it they just need to be able to provide the necessary permits. We had a local winery lined up but now we are being told that they could only serve wine and not beer. I am a beer drinker not a wine drinker as is my fiance so this is not going to work for us. So my question is are any of you having an outside bar service that seems to be reasonable? We only want beer and wine. Any help or suggestions would be great. We have already asked the Belmont and the packages can not be modified nor do they know anyone to recommend. Thanks in advance!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HELP!!! Please!

• Options
    mewebster59mewebster59 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just suggest going with a caterer who offers beer.  Let the caterers serve the beer and the winery serve the wine.  We have a place called Lighthouse Beer and Wine that caters just beer/wine/liquor in Wilmington, but I don't know of anywhere like that near you.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers in progess... Planning bio
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you provide the alcohol and they provide the people/permit?
  • Options
    natasha0313natasha0313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No unfortunately we can't provided the alcohol and let them serve it. The Belmont has their own caterer which is separate from their bar packages but I am wondering if one of the local catering companies would just do the bar part?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check your caterer's contract before you hire a second catering company for the bar to make sure that's allowable.  Some companies prohibit you hiring a second vendor to do the same job as them at the event. 
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try checking in at an ABC store to see if whoever is working can recommend a bartending company.  Not sure if they would be allowed to do this since it is government run, but worth a shot, and they will know who is able to get permits.  Also go to any wine store/bar in the area and ask if they know any wine or beer reps you can call and ask them for suggestions.  Usually the reps can't sell directly to you, and would have to go through a restaurant or store, but they may have some ideas for you. 

I wonder if you could talk to any of the local wineries and talk them into purchasing beer and serving it for you, so that you would be paying the winery for the beer (rather than buying it yourself)...which one did you contact?  I can think of the Grove, Stonefield Cellars, Autumn Creek right in your immediate area...

Sorry I have no concrete ideas, just things you could try!
  • Options
    bnw1227bnw1227 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using our own caterer instead of Belmont's and it is a lot cheaper! Try contacting Visions catering (who we're using) they have options of running a tab, or charge 12$/guest for beer and wine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards