Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Untraditional Bachelorette Party Ideas?

One of my closest girlfriends (I have no bridesmaids) is throwing my bachelorette party and she's asked me what I want to do. We've been tossing around ideas but I'm not sure. I don't like going out to bars. I'll drink, but not to the point of intoxication. Also, the only bar in town I like is the dueling piano bar and we're having the guys from there play at our reception, so I want to do something different.

I've thought about doing a sex and the city party at a girl friend's house with cosmos and the like, but I'm afraid some people might think it's lame.

Any ideas for something low key but still fun? I don't want anyone spending a ton of money to be involved.

Re: Untraditional Bachelorette Party Ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    a spa day (depends on the service you are getting for price) ? mani/ pedi at a local salon? lunch out at a restaurant? bbq? go to a pottery place and everyone picks a piece (prices range greatly, so someone who is low on cash can spend $15 and someone can spend more on a piece if they want). beach day (not sure where you live)?

sorry if they are silly, just a few things that popped into my head. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is your party!Who cares what others think? I am having a Breakfast at Tiffany's slumber party! I do not feel the need to go to a bar, but a fun girls night sounds like a good time to me!
    Siggy Challenge~Fur Baby~September 2012 Board imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had hers at a pottery painting place.  Everyone bought their own pottery to paint ($20 & up).  And then we went to dinner after.  It was different and unique...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image PgAL March Siggy Challenge: Pet Shaming BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions! We're still trying to decide but at least now we've got a few things to decide between :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister is planning a cabrewing day with the girls down a local river (canoeing with drinking :) and then a karaoke night at a dive bar. I don't feel the need to get trashed and have strange men suck for a buck candy off of me. Will be a fun girls day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OP,

Here in Boston we have a company that runs Bachelorette Party scavenger hunts around the city. Check out their website, cashunt.com, and maybe you can find something like this in your area!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We just hosted a bachelorette party for my friend and we saw a play.  It was a local, community college production so it wasn't expensive at all.  And it was HILARIOUS!

What about some sort of scrapbooking session/calass?  I think that would be a ton of fun. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like the idea you had for the sex and the city theme. I would love to do that for me bachelorette party! If you chose to do that what do you think you would do?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards