November 2012 Weddings

Honeymoon ideas?

Having a hard time coming up with where to go!

Don't want to spend a fortune, my dad has offered to pay and I feel bad having him spend too much. 

We live in Florida and are not beach people- so that removes the idea of going to the islands.  

Would love to hear others ideas of where to go in November.

Re: Honeymoon ideas?

• lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    What about New Orleans?  I've never been there myself, but I've heard nothing but great things from friends who have been.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Skiing? Colorado? Some kind of mountain-cabin getaway? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What's the budget and what type of things do you like to do?  It's hard to give suggestions without know those things.
  • We're going to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN area. We found a super secluded cabin with a hot tub, pool table, big screen, etc. Could you maybe do something like that? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Budget is going to be somewhere between 3-4k probably.. 

Thinking Costa Rica, Guatemala or Nicaragua.(airfare is cheap from florida_

We are active and into being outdoors- have no urge to go sit on a beach though and I have a huge fear of being in the water with fish- so no snorkling,etc).
  • We are going to Vegas!  There is a ton to do there (many free activities too - including just walking the strip and seeing the amazing hotels).  We're planning to see a couple of shows, have a spa day, and do a trip to the Grand Canyon.
  • My husband and I are thinking about doing what Jim Carey's character did in the movie "Yes! Man," where he and Zoey Deschanel (LOVE HER) went to the airport and bought tickets for the next flight out. It could be expensive, could be a bummer, but no matter where we spend our honeymoon, it'll be together!
  • We are going to Costa Rica - I AM SO EXCITED! We are leaving the day after the wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to Costa Rica - I AM SO EXCITED! We are leaving the day after the wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is probably the only time in our lives we can/will say this but, Budget Be Damned we are going to Ireland!
    Anniversary
  • kfraskfras member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_honeymoon-ideas-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:1791dcb3-0d6a-409e-bce4-c07c9f0a291bPost:e0a172bc-0177-4b28-85be-f1b26bacc27a">Re: Honeymoon ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Budget is going to be somewhere between 3-4k probably..  Thinking Costa Rica, Guatemala or Nicaragua.(airfare is cheap from florida_ We are active and into being outdoors- have no urge to go sit on a beach though and I have a huge fear of being in the water with fish- so no snorkling,etc).
    Posted by ehirschman[/QUOTE]

Those sound like great choices. How about Peru? Lots of sights to see there as well! I have two friends who went (separately) and both loved it. Lots of hiking and sight-seeing/history.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_honeymoon-ideas-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:1791dcb3-0d6a-409e-bce4-c07c9f0a291bPost:e0a172bc-0177-4b28-85be-f1b26bacc27a">Re: Honeymoon ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Budget is going to be somewhere between 3-4k probably..  Thinking Costa Rica, Guatemala or Nicaragua.(airfare is cheap from florida_ We are active and into being outdoors- have no urge to go sit on a beach though and I have a huge fear of being in the water with fish- so no snorkling,etc).

I'm from Florida too and we are planning on going to Budapest, Prague, and Vienna. If we are lucky,,,we may make a pit stop to Paris (crossing my fingers!). We are using our American Express miles for the airfares. Our budget is the same as yours.

Costa Rica and Nicaragua would be great choices! My parents are from Nicaragua :) Costa Rica gets a lot of tourists coming so lots to do over there as well.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_honeymoon-ideas-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:1791dcb3-0d6a-409e-bce4-c07c9f0a291bPost:e0a172bc-0177-4b28-85be-f1b26bacc27a">Re: Honeymoon ideas?</a>:

I think Costa Rica would be a great choice since you guys are active and love the outdoors!  A lot of adenture type stuff to do there.  You could have a nice honeymoon their with your budget. 
  • I am from NewOrleans but I moved to Orlando because my Fianc works for Disney and let me tell you if you want a fun Honeymoon than NewOrleans is the perfect spot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards