Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Teal Brides - My flowers and color pallette

Hello Teal brides! I was wrting this as a reply thread in my last post and I figured I might as well make a new post since it's long enough ;-P Regarding my flowers...

My bouquet is a mix of light pink, rasberry pink, and ivory: pink peonies, ranunculas, angelic pink tulips, and pink vendela roses. Also, I am utilizing dark brown pieces of willow for a nature-meets-contemporary look.

Here's where I got the inspirations:

Bridesmaids' bouquets will have the same colors but slightly different flowers such as pink & white hydandreas, freesia, tulips, and ranunculas.

Centerpieces are tall dark brown manzanita branches over river rocks in long cylinder vases with dendro orchids and cherry blossoms.

This is my inspiration for the color pallette and the picture I took to my florist:

Both pictures were taken from a March UK Flower Magazine that my fiance randomly picked up at Michael's as we were getting new tires next door... just a week after being engaged and we've stuck with this color palette ever since! Except the teal we are using is more Tiffany Teal.

I'd love to hear all of your Teal Wedding Ideas!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Teal Brides - My flowers and color pallette

• Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pretty!   I like the bouquet.  :)

I'm playing up the jewel tones by incorporating peacock feathers into my bouquet, along with succulents.  Here are the inspiration photos my florist and I found on Google images:

Of course, where the bridemaid dress shown here is royal purple, ours will be a deep, jewel-toned teal. 

Accent colors will be jewel-tones: sapphire blue, royal purple, emerald green, etc.
  • Options
    applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Celles-
    I just looked at your bio and saw that you are using Alfred Angelo Tealness! SO AM I !!!!
    I am accenting it with red flowers! I saw another brides bio and loved the red and she was using Tealness too!

Here is the pic taken from Jentobewed's website.  It was an inspiration!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That's awesome that you two are using the same designer and color! I never had the chance to check out Tealness, but I will next time I'm in a boutique.

Celles - I love love love that you are incorporating succulents! I really wanted to, but for some reason never felt confident in the combos I tried. A peacock color pallette will be beautiful :)

Applemarie - I've never thought of doing red and teal together, but after looking at alot of brides that did it, it looks so fresh!

What were your thoughts on invitations?? Will they have teal??

Thanks ladies!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards