Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Anyone Know Any Good Reception Places in the Minneapolis Area?

Anyone Know Any Good Reception Places in the Minneapolis Area? I'm looking for somewhere unique and affordable. Or if you just have any recommendations please let me know! Thanks!

Re: Anyone Know Any Good Reception Places in the Minneapolis Area?

• Options
    What kind of budget are you looking for that you consider "affordable"? That might help get you the best suggestions.
  • Options
    Profile Event Center! The summer months are more expensive but if you don't mind the off season, it's significantly cheaper. Definitely check it out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    musicalsunlight: i'm hoping not to spend over  like $6000-$8,000... and i'm getting married in february, so hopefully that helps out!

jennipea382: i'm actually hoping to tour that place soon... and i'm definitely getting married in the off season... thanks for the help!
  • Options
    The Garden Room in Eden Prairie is nice.
  • Options
    Is $6,000-8000 your budget for just the reception, or your entire wedding?

I got married this past February and would highly recommend our venue - Christos Union Depot Place in downtown St. Paul. They give some great discounts for off-season weddings! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    abbywis: Thanks!

trixie549: that would be our budget for the reception, thanks for the suggestion!

• Options
    Royal Cliff in Eagan is my favorite.. yes it is your typical banquet hall, but all decked up it is gorgeous, food is very reasonably priced, and it comes from an italian deli!!! And the people that work there are awesome.  It's worth looking at online at least.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    For affordable... I'd recommend places with open catering such as PNA Hall, Old Arizona Theater, Murzyn Hall, Day Block building.  Three Rivers Park District venues also have pretty flexible catering policies.  I know that the rental on our reception venue (Columbia Manor) is less during winter months... but it has caterer and liquor vendor restrictions and fees that made it pretty expensive. Several Mpls restaurants host receptions such as Elsie's, Jax Cafe, Eat Street Social, Cafe Lurcat... but most pricing will depend on how many guests you have.
  • Options
    thanks for the continued suggestions everyone! keep'em coming!
  • Options
    I found this web site to be a great help in finding a venue. http://www.mnweddingminister.com/index.html

specifically this page. 
    http://www.mnweddingminister.com/sites/bigweddings.html

Good luck and Congraulations!

sam
  • Options
    I agree with Sam's post above.  That web site is so helpful!  We looked at a lot of places and mansions and are thrilled with the Van Dusen Mansion.  It has so many different spaces to choose from, so depending on the size of your wedding you can gather at the mansion or at the carriage house or both.  It is worth taking a tour and meeting with Jennifer.  She is just wonderful and very, very helpful and accomodating.  Our ceremony is in Minneapolis and we live in Minneapolis, so we wanted to stay close by and that narrowed down our choices.  We did tour the Arboretum and it was lovely in October.  It was OK, but very far and not exactly what we were looking for.  We visited the Five Event Center and loved the building and the inside space, but I wish it was located somewhere else.  Two other mansions (Semple and one close to the MIA- Gale?) were OK, but seemed too expensive for what they included.  We checked area hotels (the Depot, Millenium, Windows) and they were pricey!  Take your time to call and ask for information and if you can, schedule tours to meet with the reps and ask questions.  Get information packets and compare prices and contracts.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    Awesome. Thanks for the info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards