Arizona-Phoenix

suit rental??

Hi everyone, I'm looking to find a place where the groom and groomsman can rent a suit for our wedding? Is there such place? Mens Wearhouse only rents out tuxedos and I really don't want tuxedos. Id hate to have all the groomsman have to buy a suit. Any suggestions? I'm looking for grey/charcoal grey.

Also, I need to get my dress altered very soon. Any suggestions on who to go to? I don't need much done just it taken in a bit-theres no beading on my dress. and the dress is just a bit too long so I need to shorten it a little. Thanks!!

Re: suit rental??

• azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Janet Kirkman and Sandra Denley are the two seamstresses I see recommended most on here. Janet was mine, and she is AMAZING!

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for suit rental. :/
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know for sure about renting suits, but honestly it costs less to buy a suit from where we went than it did to rent a suit or tux from anywhere that we found.

We used Nick's Menswear in arrowhead mall.  They were really good and knowledgable, and VERY reasonable for pricing.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• kolina93kolina93 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

There is a Nick's at Chandler Mall too and I agree, very nice suit at an affordable price.

There is a Tux rental company inside of Sears at chandler Mall, I think it's Mr. Formal, they rent suits, prob looking around $89, but I don't remember exactly anymore.

Lastly, because we are on a very, very, very tight budget (due to work lay-off) we are getting my fiances suit at Perry Ellis in the Arizona Mill's mall, they have three different style suits for $99 (includes pants!). I have to admit the Nick's suits are alot nicer and more "formal", but the one at Perry Ellis will also do the job, I think he looks great in the suit and that's all that matters!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_suit-rental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:6c80b420-4b99-4999-a934-1dda7fd54715Post:d96e6be2-6795-47dd-b2e4-acc9b07c2279">Re: suit rental??</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a Nick's at Chandler Mall too and I agree, very nice suit at an affordable price. There is a Tux rental company inside of Sears at chandler Mall, I think it's Mr. Formal, they rent suits, prob looking around $89, but I don't remember exactly anymore. Lastly, because we are on a very, very, very tight budget (due to work lay-off) we are getting my fiances suit at Perry Ellis in the Arizona Mill's mall, they have three different style suits for $99 (includes pants!). I have to admit the Nick's suits are alot nicer and more "formal", but the one at Perry Ellis will also do the job, I think he looks great in the suit and that's all that matters!
    Posted by kolina93[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I keep forgetting there's one in Chandler too...  we got better pricing at the one in Arrowhead, because our officiant sent us there.

My DH suit was like $120 from Nick's,  and it was perfect.

Oh and for alterations, I used Sandra Denley from Alterations, Etc., and she was fabulous!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards