Michigan-Lansing
Options

Wedding Rings

Hey, ladies!  I was just curious to find out where everyone got/is getting their wedding rings at.  FI really need to do that soon, but don't really know where to start.  TIA

Re: Wedding Rings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got ours at a small place in Holt called Terry's Jewelry. This is also where FI got my engagement ring.

However, we got our rings engraved at Becky Beauchine Kulka (they do it in house) and I'm having my ring dipped there the week of the wedding b/c, again they do it in house and it takes 24 hours. yay! So, I would highly recommend them for rings also.
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Arendsens Jewelers in the Boji Tower (16th floor) downtown.  He will make whatever you are looking for and does great work.  My DH gets all my jewelry there and my DD's FI got her engagement ring there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked at several stores. Ultimately we went with Zales, they were very friendly, not pushy. We also found my FI ring in the store (he has expensive taste). We put off buying his because the one he wanted was $3000. On a whim I was looking at Zales.com and they had the same ring for $800! After going back and forth to make sure it WAS the same ring, we ordered it on-line and with his military discount and all the other promotions Zales was offering, we got his ring for $640...really. Within two weeks the ring was no longer on clearance, was back to full price. I dont know if they rotate items through the clearance or what, but its worth looking into. We also got a diamond guarantee, lifetime free sizing and a bunch of other re-assuring extras with both mine and his.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    went with Rogers and Hollands because I fell in love with a ring there and couldn't find anything that I liked even 1/2 as much and also because they have stores all over and we move all over with our jobs. Some stores have cleaning/repair policies so this allowed us to be able to go anywhere (stores nationally) We weren't completely planning on getting FI's ring there, but they were able to order the one he wanted.

Arendsens is highly recommended with my family as well. I have a cocktail ring from there, my mom's wedding ring is from there and my Grandmother has had a ring and a necklace made from there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine came from Ostermans and his came from Pompeii3 via Ebay.  And his work ring came from West Coast Jewelry via Amazon.
  • Options
    kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will probably get ours at H&H in Grand Ledge.  They are family friends and have always done great work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got ours at Kay's in Eastwood.
  • Options
    MeegePVchickMeegePVchick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kay's- my e-ring came from a small jeweler in Bay City-when I went to have it sized they told me the manufacturer had gone out of business.  It has channel set baguettes and I have not been able to find anything I like to go with it anywhere else. FI found a titanium band that he likes there as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards