Getting in Shape

Hungry Girl Recipes

Anyone have a favorite Hungry Girl Recipe to recommend?  I just bought the Hungry Girl 1-2-3 cookbook and I'm very excited to try it out.  Looks like tons of great recipes, but I don't know what to start with.  I'd love to hear what your favorites are!
Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hungry Girl Recipes

• I love all her recipes! I just made mmmm ministrone soup. It's soooo good. I love the egg mugs, so easy and fast to make in the morning.
  • We made the big apple french toast caserole last weekend.  It's delicious, but don't double the recipe in a 9 x 11 pan - it didn't set completely in the middle.  If I were going to double it again I would put it in two 8x8 pans instead.  I'm excited to try more of the recipes. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • egg mugs. hands down.
    and the caramel-apple shake is pretty good.
    and the saucy bbq chick nachos.

The only thing I've tried that I DON'T like is the chocolate cake recipes where she uses 1/2 a box of cake and then uses diet swiss miss hot cocoa. I can't remember exactly what it was, but it turned out tasting VERY "diet"-food-ish.
  • I don't have my book on me right now so I'm blanking on the name, but it's in the chapter where she makes all the recipes in the oven in a foil wrap. I think it's called the "happy camper". It's basically a cheesburger-like bake with ground turkey, and I love throwing it all together and in the oven in the morning and taking it to work to re-heat for lunch.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards