Retro and Vintage Weddings

AW: busting at the seams!

Today is exactly four months until the wedding, and I have a few really exciting checks to report!

1. My dress is ready!!!  But, being in Japan, I can't see it/get it until mid August. 

2. I also booked my first alteration appointment. 

3. I also bought my mermaid crinoline from underslips.com.  I bought white so I can dye it violet!

4.  And I also bought my cloche for my epics!  It's my birthday in three days, and... as much as I liked the cloches everyone posted, I loved the original best, and went for it.  Happy birthday to me!
http://www.couturecreations.net/site/images/sisol-straw-cloche.jpg

5. And I lost another kilo today, (I haven't lost one in a few months) so that means I'm down 5 kilos since I started dieting a year and a half ago.  I know that seems like a long time, but I'm still proud.

6. But the real reason I'm busting at the seams is... my invites are done!!!  Here's a sneak peak... the rest is in my bio!

Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: AW: busting at the seams!

• gorgeous invites! and yay on the rest of the stuff!!

ps how many lbs is a kilo? lol

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    1 kilo = 2.2 lbs  so I've lost 11lbs in a year and a half.  w00t!
    Our Wedding Website
  • yippee!!!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Yay! it all looks and sounds awsome! And HoooRAY! on the weight loss! i wish i could say the same!
  • I think I found those 11 pounds ;-)

Your invites are totally adorable
  • i think i have found some of those lbs too lol...yayyyyyyyyy the invites look great!!

Congrats...I give you alot of credit...waiting until August..I would be dying LOL That has been my favorite part so far!!
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • I love the invites!!! I was going to say the same thing about the kilo hahaha I'm right there behind you at 10 lbs lost ( 3 more to go!!)
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Congrats on all the checks! Your invites are so lovely! 

BTW, every time I see a cloche now, I think of you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Laura & Brian | October 23, 2010 | Planning Bio!
  • Happy early birthday! I love your slip, I have been wanting to get one for my mermaid dress too. Congrats on the weight loss. Have you been exercising or just dieting? Your invitations are beautiful!
    Anniversary
  • Congrats on the weight loss, help motivate me! And I love your invitations.
  • Congratulations!  The invites are divine and I love your underslip idea.  I lost 50 pounds last year so about 25 kilos??  I have 10-15 more to go.  Waiting on my honey to go to the gym today.

Cheers!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks for all the kind words, ladies!

Ledalia--I've just changed my eating habits and I try to exercise, but definitely don't have an exercise routine.  I've never eaten badly, (no pop, no junkfood, no sweettooth), but I have always eaten bigger portions than I should of things.  So my big "diet" was just portion control, and focusing on drinking more water and eating more veggies and fruit.  I don't exercise regularly, but I am definitely exercising more than I was a year ago.  I go for runs sometimes, or do situps and pushups.  I ride my bike every day, but I have to because that's how I get to school.  oops!  like now!  I have to go!
    Our Wedding Website
  • I love the invitations - so cute!  and the slip is really cool.  Now I'm half-tempted to get one for my gown, even though I probably don't need one!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Great checks! I adore your cloche (glad you splurged for your b-day), and your invites are fabulous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards