Rhode Island

local band rec's

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good bands in the area?  I know this has probably been posted before so I apologize, but I couldn't search the board. 

Our goal is to get everyone dancing!
We thought we had found a good option, but when we went to one of their gigs we were really dissapointed.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: local band rec's

• edited December 2011
    We're using GQ & The Lady!  I love Linda and I think they have some of the lowest band prices around.  
  • kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had Cover to Cover and they were amazing!  Frankie is great, communicates and is extremely organized.  We had three of the band members play cocktail music during the cocktail hour and then we had the 9 piece package. I can't say enough about them!  I looked into GQ and The Lady and I heard amazing things about them....you can't go wrong with either one.
  • MaryLaura13MaryLaura13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out What Matters or Those Guys they are both really good and fun!
    Wedding Countdown TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic">" /> Bouquet Inspiration
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!  GQ & the lady and cover to cover are both booked for our date :( but I will look into the others!  and both bands offered suggestions (including one another!)

thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is to bad...check in with your coordinator at your receeption site to see if they have any recommendations.  I called around to 5 different sites when I started looking for a vendor and asked the contact person for band recommendations.  That is how I picked Cover to Cover they were recommended by every site I called as well at GQ.  Good luck!  I also heard World Premier is rocking!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I m looking for a band for my reception in Maine, pricewise how was cover to cover? and the other bands?
  • lizm214lizm214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GQ and the lady are amazing! I had them at our wedding last October in Boston.  They were extremely reasonable and can sing pretty much any song.  ALL of our wedding guests were up dancing the entire night, we had such an amazing night.  My husband and I keep receiving compliments to this day on how great GQ and the Lady were.  All of their songs sounded exactly like the real version, or better.  They are very organized and Linda was wonderful to work with prior to the big day. You cannot lose with GQ, they are excellent!
    EDS01
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards