Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Wedding Cake

How much is a wedding cake supposed to cost ? And where are you guys getting yours from?

Re: Wedding Cake

• Options
    The price varies greatly by size and who you use. 

I went with Gambinos. I loved their cake and found the prices excellent. 

To give you an idea, I have 100 guests. Both my grooms cake and wedding cake cost less than $500
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think it goes from $2-9/slice.
  • Options
    We used royal Cakery and paid around 300 for a cake for 80 people.
  • Options
    I went with Gambino's also.  Our wedding cake (3 tier/buttercreme and we're using fresh flowers via our florist for decor) and groom's cake coming in around $400.  We're estimating about 100 people also.  
    dml
  • Options
    We spent about 800 at Flour Power for both the wedding cake and groom's cake. Both were incredible. That was enough for 75 guests for both at the reception and for favors.
  • Options
    We went with Chez Ru Rene on Jefferson Hwy and both the wedding and grooms cake cost less than $600. The wedding cake is 3 tiers and will feed up to 175 and the grooms cake will feed up to 150.
  • Options
    Okay I'm an OOT bride so excuse me for asking if this is a silly question. But in Atlanta where I live lots of brides get their wedding cake from a local grocery store here called Publix. Do grocery stores in NOLA do this? Does anyone have any experience with this?
  • Options

There isn't a Publix in New Orleans, but you could always try to get a cake from Rouse's.  I've definitely heard of brides getting their wedding cake from Wal-Mart.  The Publix bakery is so good. 

• Options
    I believe the Whole Foods here makes wedding cakes too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I think Albertsons does wedding cakes.

• Options
    My wedding cake (four tiers, feeding 150) and my groom's cake (which feeds 75) together cost $530 from Haydel's. Their cakes are so good!
  • Options
    Do Haydels, Gambinos, etc charge any extra fees such as delivery, setup or cutting fees?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Haydels charged me $30 for our delivery (Also was an OOT bride). We did a cutting cake on top, 3 dozen cupcakes, and a 3-tiered king cake (for the hubby). We had a mardi gras theme with about 50 guests. I paid $230 including delivery. 

cupcakes

Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks ladies , this was very helpful! I had no idea you could order a cake form the local grocery store , I will definitely check into it .
  • Options
    I just went for a tasting at both Gambino's and Haydels today, and we're going with Gambinos!

Both were comparably priced. For 200 people, we're coming in around 650 for wedding cake & groom's cake.

FWIW, it can also get a lot more expensive.... the first quote I got from Haydel's when I went in saying "this is what I want" was $1500... for the wedding cake ONLY. Haha, my response was, "Okay, let's start over". If you're on a budget, limit the fondant & limit the colors. 

HTH! Good luck!
  • Options
    We are also getting our cake from Gambinos. We are getting a buttercream wedding cake that feeds 300 and a VERY detailed groom's cakethat feeds 200 for $800.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards