Kentucky-Louisville

Acoustic Guitarist

I posted a while back but I am still looking for an acoustic guitarist for my ceremony.  I really don't want to spend a lot of money because he/she will literally only play for about 30 minutes total and I cannot justify spending more than $100 on this.  If anyone knows someone - your brother, your boss, your fiance - who plays and would be willing to "do a wedding" for cheap, please let me know.  Time's a tickin'! =/

Thanks girls,

Jennifer

Re: Acoustic Guitarist

• Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read in a book once that you can look to college students for this kind of thing. I'm not sure what type of majors Sullivan has, but if they have a music major then I'm sure there would be a lot of guitarist! I would also make a craiglist ad with the info you gave us and see what pops up.
  • RosemaryCBRosemaryCB member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I would try UofL and Bellarmine, too.  They have lovely music programs.  Or a church like Southeast Christian or Northeast where they have a big praise band!
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I totally meant Bellarmine instead of Sullivan. Sullivan would be good if you wanted a nice cake baked by a student. :)
  • RosemaryCBRosemaryCB member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I also know a really good acoustic guitarist.  I can ask if he would be willing to play.  What is the date?
  • nannewmurnannewmur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would call  Mom's Music-they could give lots of lessons and may be able to put you in touch with someone.
  • nannewmurnannewmur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would call Mom's Music-they give a lot of guitar lessons and may be able to put you in touch with someone or may allow you to post at their studio.
    edited December 2011
    thankyouindia, please check your private messages
    edited December 2011
    thankyouindia, I sent you another message. I know it's hard to remember to check those sometimes. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards