Outdoor Weddings

Casual Beach Ceremony & Nearby Reception in Long Island (NYC area)

Hi all, 

I've been trying to find information that's more up to date. I'm finding a lot of posts from 2005, 2010...a lot can change in a few years!! 

I'm looking for a casual "Hawaii" (loosely) themed wedding in the NYC area. I want clean, modern, simple but still on the "classy" side. It won't be kitch, or goofy or silly, but also not the emotional sobfest I keep seeing at most weddings. There will be no bridal party, no walking down the aisle w/ dad, no first dance, no arranged seating. Just elements of the wedding with a more fun/interesting twist. The focus will be us making a promise before our friends & family & each other. And then feasting & fun. Not too casual (paper plates & plastic forks) but not white glove service. It would be amazing to have a grill w/ a roast pig but I think I'm day dreaming with that one. 

I absolutely need the sand btwn my toes!! And an indoor/outdoor combined reception. My ideal would be to have a bonfire at night but there are so many restrictions. 

I've considered Gurney's Inn & Crescent Beach but I don't want to waste $ and their services for a casual wedding at places that cater to more traditional weddings. 

Right now I'm considering Pavilion at Sunken Meadow. I'm having a hard time finding places that have a ceremony ON the beach (not nearby, not with the view of a beach - I need barefeet on the beach) and has a reception area nearby. 

Anyone have any other suggestions? Or reviews of the food/venue at the Pavilion? Most of the information I'm finding is out of date or catering to more traditional style weddings. 

Re: Casual Beach Ceremony & Nearby Reception in Long Island (NYC area)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards