South Asian Weddings

Interfaith Wedding? kinda long this time.

Ok.. I'm going to celebrate my father's heritage in the reception. I have the idea boards for that already.  My mothers heritage is Christian, so I'm thinking that we can have a Christian ceremony, she has her heart set on that.  No, my parents are not together.. just in case anyone was wondering. 

So I have idea boards that I'll use for the reception, I'll upload those soon.  Now, I need to create some for the Christian ceremony.  I think some of the elements for the reception may need to change a little.  I don't know quite how I'm going to get all of this to come together without looking or feeling disjointed..
Catholic weddings do have restrictions on them as far as what you can or cannot do.. yes I am Catholic, that didn't go over well with my mom for a while after I converted years ago.  She's a little more comfortable with it now.  Me and my fiance have a son together, Mica.  Mica and I are the only Catholics on both my mom and my fiance's side of the family.  Interesting!  He (fiance) wants to convert.  I don't believe we'll be in time to do a Catholic wedding next year as you have to give the church 6 to 12 months notice.  I don't want to take the Eucharist on my wedding day all by myself. 
Ok now I'm rumbling on.. well.. I'm going to peruse this site to see what other brides are doing. 

I wonder if I can get a Priest and a Protestant minister to officiate and that way we can both take part of the Eucharist and so can our families.  The Eucharist is of supreme importance to me.  I don't see a wedding without it.

Oh, I do plan on doing the wedding website thing.  I think that can help both mesh our ceremony and reception together but also help me be able to see where I'm going (creatively).

Re: Interfaith Wedding? kinda long this time.

• kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There have been several interfaith weddings I've been to, that have done a seperate Christian wedding before the Hindu wedding if you want to go that route or wearing an Indian bridal outfit to a Christian wedding to incorporate the elements...

There is a lot that can be done...

I'm anxious to see what you have for ideas, and I know the ladies and gents here can give you a lot of advice to see what works or what may not work in the end =)

Also, I used firstphera.com for our wedsite.  To see it, www.kand2k.com ... the reason I went with them was very cheap for a year, and they have a lot of Indian templates that I couldn't find on other wedsites.

Feel free to ask us any questions!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011

From one Catholic bride to another, please contact your priest as soon as you can if you would like to have your wedding in a Nuptial Mass and receive the Eucharist--you'll need to meet the marriage prep requirements, and I'm not sure of the specific rules for when you're Catholic and your FI is not (my FI and I are both Catholic).  Your priest should be able to answer all your questions and let you know what you'll need to do to have the wedding you're wanting.

As to incorporating Indian elements, I think the idea for clothes is great--we had considered this, though we ultimately decided not to do it.  (FI is Indian, I am American.)  We are incorporating some other Indian elements, though, in the food and decorative details, and in some of the things we're doing at the reception.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love 06/2005 | Marriage 05/28/2011 | Baby! Peanut born on his due date, 9/30/12 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards