Destination Weddings Discussions

NYE party

At the bar yesterday my exSIL invited me to their NYE party. She didn't say anything about FI but said I will call you tomorrow And we will talk. Apparently she told my other friend, who told me of course, that until FI and my exH are at parties together she doesn't want her house to be the first time so maybe this summer things will be better.(they have summer parties all the time) It's probably her husband, exH's brother making that rule. FI and exH have only been at the same place at the same time on Thanksgiving Eve night at a bar and everything was fine.

I'm just gonna tell her that I'm sure she's knows I won't go without FI and hopefully in the future this changes cause I would hate to loose her as one of my bfs. Don't forget nobody knows FI and I are getting married in May so they don't realize this summer for all the parties he will be my husband so exHs brother and him will need to let it go.
~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary

Re: NYE party

• Do you think that XH will do anything though?  I'm with you and think that its his brother making these "rules".  I never asked but how come you're not telling anyone that you are getting married?  Of course you don't have to tell us.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I agree, I have been curious about why you're not telling anyone, but didn't wanna appear nosy lol
  • Oh, when I first came on board I explained. My sister got engaged two weeks aft we planned our Hawaii vacation and then planned to get married there. Her wedding is in August so because this is my second I didn't want to take away from her first wedding. I don't want my parents to feel guilty that they couldn't afford to go to Hawaii cause they are helping my sister out with her wedding. My parents are divorced and my mom struggles to make ends meet now so I could never forgive myself if she felt guilty. Plus I'd rather my sister have all the attention since it's her first wedding, I already got that when I was married. We are close and I am so happy for her and I know she couldn't afford to go to Hawaii, have a wedding, and a honeymoon. This just seemed easier and we will tell everyone either the day we leave or when we get back and nobody can feel guilty about not being able to come.
  • I think I explained anyway! Lol. No, I don't think exH would do anything. We are friends so I think everything would be ok. ESP cause it's been 3 years.
  • I wish you luck with that. It sounds incredibly frustrating, and like I have seen someone else mention, y'all are ALL adults, so your exH needs to just start acting like one, as well as everyone else who seems to be babying him.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • That's right....i do remember you saying that now....
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Your right, they are banging him! Everyday I wonder if I'm doing the right thing by keeping the wedding plans a secret, I hate that I can't tell anyone, except you ladies, which I thank god I have you. I would just really hate to make anyone feel bad that they can't afford to go so I thought this was the easiest way to not feel bad about it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_nye-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:9083c9fc-94d8-4a30-aa20-f0a378bd3929Post:37c127ee-a76a-48b4-9dba-43e57c1c11d3">Re: NYE party</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Your right, they are banging him!</strong> Everyday I wonder if I'm doing the right thing by keeping the wedding plans a secret, I hate that I can't tell anyone, except you ladies, which I thank god I have you. I would just really hate to make anyone feel bad that they can't afford to go so I thought this was the easiest way to not feel bad about it.
    Posted by jtoly[/QUOTE]

I can't get past this....
  • I am crying at my desk right now...
  • If we had a thankful day, I would thank Jenn's auto-corrector....
  • Your amusement at silly things amuses me. Lol.
  • I can't stop laughing.....
  • Jenn I am sorry that you cannot tell people. We are just as thankful for you as you are for us.
  • OMG.....I didn't see that. Um was supposed to say babying. Lol Maybe if he was banging someone everyone would be invited to the party. Haha
  • That sounds like a different kind of party ...................................... maybe your XBIL just isnt comfortable with that ........................................
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just in case you were wondering....yes I am still laughing....
  • Erin, that's funny! I really need to reread what my phone autocorrects, although, it is always a good laugh.
  • Don't you dare, Jenn! It's too funny. I like the idea that they are all banging him! Good for you to say you won't go to anything without FI. They need to see you've moved on and it's time for them to, as well. And you did explain before about your sister's wedding. I know I've read it more than once. Ppl need to stop drinking so much and eating twinkies in cemetaries so they can remember what you said besides how you get laid for work.
  • Bahahaha Kimmy!!!!!! I almost peed my pants laughing so hard!
  • Hehe. I was laughing so hard at what everyone said FI asked about it. I had to tell him everything from getting laid to everyone banging your X to talking $hit about his mom on here to Lindsay's FMIL. He laughed. Thankfully!
  • Haha, I love that everyone on here cracks me up. Its like a good soap opera lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_nye-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:9083c9fc-94d8-4a30-aa20-f0a378bd3929Post:fa365f84-88e3-4b94-b0fd-cae30eae3b02">Re: NYE party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jenn I am sorry that you cannot tell people. We are just as thankful for you as you are for us.
    Posted by nannaxxshark[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!!! I hope we all still chat after our weddings cause everyone here has been so great!
  • Hi Jenn - Good for you for standing up for your FI.  Why would anyone think you would go out and leave him home alone on NYE. 

I think Jenn is my wedding scenario twin.  We are eloping for much the same reason.  It is my second wedding as well, no one else is getting married but alot of our loved ones could not afford to come.  We also had planned our Maui vacation and then decided to get married later.  We will tell everyone either when we get home or will call them from Maui once we are married.

imageAnniversary
  • Rhonda, do you feel bad at times for not saying anything? My sister keeps asking when are we getting married or if we are gonna do it in Hawaii. I hate saying that we are waiting for after her wedding but that's what FI and I decided to do.
  • Jenn - I do feel guilty sometimes and wish I could share things but I think that in the long run this is easier and there will be less stress (Not sure if thats the right word).  My family doesn't ask anymore but my FI's asks all the time.
    imageAnniversary
  • Ya, I agree it will be easier! FIs family doesn't ask anymore but mine does and probably will tomorrow when all of my family will be around. And that's what I don't want, I want them to ask my sister about her plans!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards