Rhode Island
Options

Is anyone having their wedding at Meadowbrook Inn in Charelstown?

My FH and I have been looking a multiple venues to have our wedding.  We both really loved Meadowbrook for their outdoor garden.  We know that we would love a spring theme wedding and this seems like the best place.  I did not however love the hall inside and I am still consider looking at more places.  Can anyone tell me if they are having a wedding there or have tried their food.  Reviews for the food is positive which is a plus.

Re: Is anyone having their wedding at Meadowbrook Inn in Charelstown?

• Options
    RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi - my fiance's brother was married there this past summer.  I also grew up in the area and I attended functions there when I was in high school. 

They had their ceremony outside and the grounds are gorgeous!  I agree that the interior is out dated (it hasn't been updated since I was in HS) but the food was delicious and honestly with the tables decorated it isn't as noticable.  The owners have changed in the last five years and they have done a nice job with the food and grounds.  I know my future BIL and SIL were very pleased with the staff and the day was beautiful. 

I would mention that you can hear road noise at the ceremony site, of course the couple doesn't notice and it is minimal but it was something that would bother me as a bride.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When i was researching wedding venues, we looked into the Medowbrook Inn because my uncle had mention to me that he went to a wedding there and the food was good and the wedding was very nice.

Although the grounds are nice, and so aren't the owners, we weren't very impressed with the indoor space. We ultimately went with Quidnessett CC, but I haven't heard anything bad about them.

I pretty much checked out every venue in RI when i was researching for a venue so if you have any questions about anything I will be glad to help you out.
    Goodluck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
       I'm getting married there October 15th!!!! We actually checked it out a few years ago and the price was right and your right the outside grounds are lovely. The main room is still a little dated but the lounge is more contemperary and my husband said they re-did the bathrooms from the first time we went there.
       They had a tasting in Feb. and the food was really good, the staff was super friendly and there head waiter is a trip. We decided to do the Turkey Dinner, with family style sides it's the one thing FI really wanted and asked for.
       I've spoken with both owners and they know there stuff when it comes to weddings and are very accomodating. Hope this helped :)
  • Options
    nmartinez1nmartinez1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for all your help. We both do love it and I think our hearts are set on MeadowBrook.  We really appreciate all your help.
  • Options
    Laur&Jay2011Laur&Jay2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late, but I'm also getting married there in October.  I loved the outside and the lounge.  The inside may not be as fancy and modern as some other places, but it is also more affordable, which is a big PLUS in my book.  I loved the food at the food tasting.  I had originally loved Glen Manor, but couldn't stomach spending that much money on my wedding.  Meadow Brook has everything I want for less $. :)

What did you end up deciding?
  • Options
    nmartinez1nmartinez1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have been going back and forth about MeadowBrook.  My FH and I love the grounds so much and I really want a garden wedding.  After months of searching, I think we both decided that Meadowbrook is the right place for us. The price is just right and the grounds are beautiful.  Thank you ladies for your help
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards