South Asian Weddings

Tailor in the NY area

hey ladies i just got my lehenga choli from india and i need a few adjustments made to it. Help!!!! i my wedding is in amonth ..... thanks ladies

Re: Tailor in the NY area

• reshma82reshma82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    go to jackson heights or go to edison you will find someone there to tailor your outfit
  • bridetobeeebridetobeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tesha,

I am looking for the same thing. I just gave my blouse to Saahil in Edison. I am just praying it all goes well
  • edited December 2011
    let me know how it goes.... jackson heights is expensive
  • bridetobeeebridetobeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tesha,

Do NOT have Sahil in Edison tailor your outfit. They completely ruined my bridal blouse. They changed my teal blue zipper to bright green, god knows why, not to mention, did not tighten my blouse and cut it pretty bad so there were strays of string from the velvet. I was NOT happy!

Lo and  behold, my mother in laws sister came to my rescue and recommended a lady I tried out. She was phenomenal, and I am picky with tailors. She fixed the blouse and made it to fit my body perfectly. She changed the zipper and made in invisible again. And, she shortened my lenga, and tightened it without making it look huge at the hips. Was very very happy with her. She charged me $60. If you are interested in her, PM me and I will give you her number. She saved my outfit! And thank god, because my outfit has tons of stone work and velvet so it is complicated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards