Delaware

Creative DIY Wedding, Looking for Ceremony/Reception Possibilities

So, I've been to a ton of State park locations, to town parks, to family houses, and even am considering the Yoder concert hall (not too into the tractors but they can be covered). I need a venue that is low-cost and relatively high capacity. My fiance and I both have large families, and we are paying for most of everything ourselves.

I'm trying to find a place that I can have 100-200 people (or more) and that I can bring my own food into (hence why I looked at Yoder's). If I don't find another place soon, I'm probably just going to sign a contract there, and look for a nicer ceremony spot.

My ideal place was a Victorian house, but all the historical houses around here make you bend over backwards and then jump through a hoop lit on fire. Metaphorically, of course. Or they charge a $100 a guest for food, which we really just cannot do. We're trying to do a family orientated wedding that is still sophisticated.

Suggestions are very very welcome.
Me: scar tissue in uterus due to trauma, docs won't remove. Hub: slight tubal deformity (reduced sperm) BFP #1 09/23/06 Miscarry #1 10/18/06 Active TTC since 6/10/10 BFP #2 10/16/12 confirmed at docs. 10/22/12 hcg too low. :( waiting to see.

Re: Creative DIY Wedding, Looking for Ceremony/Reception Possibilities

• VJones1981VJones1981 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Look into Buena Vista in New Castle.  I wanted to go see it, but my lovely FI didn't like it when I showed him online.  (He said it didn't look like a typical wedding place.)  It is a historic house and I believe you can bring in your own caterer, so you could put together something in any price range.  I know someone who went to a wedding there and she said it was beautiful.

Here's their website.:  http://buenavista.delaware.gov/

Hope this helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards