Kentucky

Picture timing issues

I have several pictures that I want the photographer to take of me and my FH.  My dilemma is, I don't want the guest to have to wait a long time on us to show up at the reception.  But I don't want to loose the WOW factor of him seeing me for the first time in THE dress walking down the isle.  Have you heard of how other couples manage this?

Re: Picture timing issues

• edited December 2011
    We are planning to take as many photos before the wedding as possible, all of the formals and such, just not the ones where we are together. Then after the ceremony we will do all of the ones with us together and have a cocktail hour for the guests so that they aren't bored.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did all our photos before the ceremony, and I wouldn't change that for anything.  Seeing each other for the first time was still really special.  And walking down the aisle was still really special too.  I don't think it diminished anything at all. 

A good photographer can set up a first look that is meaningful for you.  Talk to them about what their suggestions are. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing all the pictures we can beforehand. The MIL was a bit apprehensive because it didnt follow tradition but I explained I wanted to be able to see his first expression and savor it. He's still going to have a cheese-eating grin on his face when I walk down the aisle. I like the thought of him seeing me and us just being alone together to calm both of us down and we can tell each other how good we look lol.
    I realize this isnt for everyone so just talk to your photographer and they can help you maximize the time before and after the wedding. The best photographer I've ever experienced had a list of the families/friends the bride and groom wanted pictures with and she had them line up in the order she was going to take photos. The family was huge and there were tons of photos taken but since she was prepared and so efficient the pictures didnt take any longer than 30 mins.
    image 190 Invitations mailed
    image 118 Are ready to party!
    image 12 Are missing out
    image 60 Are going to make me call them
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JessicaJFeyJessicaJFey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a photographer, I am 100% behind the first look (seeing each other before the ceremony). Not only does that free up a huge amount of time for photographs, but it also allows the two of you to see each other in a more intimate setting. I've actually found that there is more emotion in a first look than from walking down the aisle. Both the bride and groom find themselves more comfortable to let their emotions show without a huge audience. Hope this helps! 
  • Danielle8778Danielle8778 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Actually the reason i'm writing today is because iI am also a Kentucky bride and i'm looking for brides to see if they want to sell some of their decor, centerpices and so on after the wedding. That is If it adds to my theme.

That being said if you want to sell some of your stuff after your wedding please be in touch? If your intrested please click on to my name and read my blog it further goes into what I'm looking to do on my wedding day. I hope to hear from you.

Thanks,
    Danielle

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We accomplished both:  DH stood at the end of the aisle and I walked down it towards him with my veil covering my face.  I got to the end and he lifted it and kissed me.  We had our special moment and then were able to take pics.  Walking down the aisle with my dad and being surrounded by our family and friends was awesome too.  I highly recommend it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards